We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Study Groups By Subject code Wise (Click Below on your university link & Join Your Subject Group)
Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com?Search Here
HEC US Land Grant Universities Overseas Scholarships Fall 2015
2015 Scholarships Fall HEC US Land Grant Universities Overseas
Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani/AJK nationals for the award of 9 MS and 5 PhD scholarships funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the auspices of the Agricultural Innovation Program (AIP). Successful candidates will be trained at a selected US Land Grant University in partnership with a Pakistani University.
1) Must be a Pakistani/ AJK national.
2) Applicants must have minimum of 16 years of education in Agricultural Sciences for MS. For PhD applicants, 18 years of education in Agricultural Sciences and serving in Agricultural Universities/R&D institutions including Agriculture Extension.
3) Maximum age on Closing Date OS February, 2014) should not be more than 30 years for MS program and 40 years for PhD Program.
4) Applicants need to have a minimum cumulative 50% academic mark as per HEC-AEF format.
5) Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship
6) Applicants must conduct work/activities in the thematic areas of the AIP (livestock, vegetables, wheat, maize, rice, or tree crops)
The following documents are required to be submitted as electronic copies (PDF) to this address: (https://aipscholarship.ucdavis.edu). Candidates will be required to log in and create a user account. 1) Application Form
3) Attested copies of all educational testimonials including CNIC and domicile
4) One-page Statement of purpose
5) One-page research proposal
6) Names and contact information of three references
1. PhD Scholarships will be awarded on an open merit basis preferably having representations from across Pakistan.
2. MS Scholarships will be awarded on an open merit basis from students at Pakistani partner agricultural universities and from others who meet the eligibility criteria, for example: University of Agriculture Faisalabad, The University of Agriculture Peshawar, Sindh Agriculture University Tandojam, PMAS Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi, Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, Nawaz Sharif University of Agriculture, Multan, Agriculture College Balochistan.
3. Funding will be provided for a maximum period of 2 years for MS and 4 years for PhD program.
4. In-service awardees will be required to execute a bond with their respective institution to serve for five years in case of PhD and three years in case of MS, after completion of study. Awardees of MS program who are not in-service will execute a bond with HEC to serve for three years in Pakistan.
5. It is expected that the PhD awardees will work at a Land Grant University (WU) for two years for course work and to initiate a dissertation research project and to pass their qualifying examinations.
6. After this the candidate will return to Pakistan to complete their research and write a PhD dissertation under the direction of a Pakistani co-major Professor.
7. Incomplete or applications received after due date (15 February 2014) will not be entertained.
8. The shortlisted in-service candidates will have to provide NOC from their department. Shortlisted MS candidates will, in most instances, be required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and earn a score of at least 70, and also the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination with a score of 500 or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.5 or above.
9. Shortlisted PhD candidates will be informed and will then be required to take the GRE with a score of at least 70%, and the TOEFL examination to demonstrate English proficiency with a score of 550 or higher or IELTS score of 6.0 and above. Successful candidates will be reimbursed for GRE/TOEFL/IELTS examination costs. All official scores should be sent to: AIP scholarships, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, International Programs Office, 1103 Environmental Horticulture Bldg., One Shields avenue, Davis, CA 96516, USA.
10. Women are strongly encouraged to apply; if the pool of qualified students is sufficient, we are aiming for close to half of the students to be female.
11. The candidates must have acquired the requisite qualifications on or before the closing date. Candidates having foreign degrees (including O and A levels) must submit their equivalence certificates from HEC/IBCC.
12. Those holding dual citizenship or a US green card/permanent resident card will not be considered.
13. The final candidates will be selected by the AIP-HRD Committee.
14. Selected candidate's dossiers will then be submitted to a USA Land Grant University (LGU) to be considered for admission. Note that being selected by the AIP-HRD committee is not a guarantee of admission into a LGU because each candidate must meet the University's admission criteria as well as those of the AIP-HRD committee. Note also that selected candidates may suggest a preferred LGU, but the final determination will depend on research topic and availability of faculty sponsors.
Complete application forms and supporting materials must be received by close of business, Pakistan time on 15 February 2014 at the URL shown below. Submit electronic copies to: https://aipscholarship.ucdavis.edu NOTE: Hard copies of documents will not be accepted. Candidates should scan and save all documents in PDF format and then download to the URL.
For queries contact Mr. Sarfraz Rizwan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Content Originally Published by a member of VU Students.