.... How to Find Your Subject Study Group & Join ....   .... Find Your Subject Study Group & Join ....  

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Study Groups By Subject code Wise (Click Below on your university link & Join Your Subject Group)

[ + VU Study Groups Subject Code Wise ]  [ + COMSATS Virtual Campus Study Groups Subject Code Wise ]

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com?Search Here

Assalam-o-Alaikum,

This article is for all those "true Muslims" who are afraid of Donald Trump, on being elected as President of USA.

----------------------

Some people will further hate me on this, but I was wholeheartedly supporting Donald Trump to be the president of US at every forum.

Quite sure I am, its good for something called "Ummat-e-Muslima" and especially Pakistan. The fate of 11/9 may hold same weightage on America & the world as the date 9/11 have had.

Hillary's defeat proved two things:

Firstly, despite being liberals, American are more biased against a women's leadership than we Asians are as they could not elect even one women as their president in their history of 240 years. Ironically women's good vote percentage for Trump was one of the reason of his winning as President. Trump's sexist history & remarks against women were ignored even by their educated women. (Its a lesson for some western inspired women of Pakistan)

Secondly, politics of upper-class people even with their huge money can never be as strong a catalyst than politics of middle class. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto used this class based politics to dominate Pak Politics for decades. 

Little known to the people of Pakistan is that policies of Democrats (Hillary & her ancestors). have equally been disastrous to the world like Republicans (Trump & his ancestors). Wasn't the Democratic President, Harry S. Truman, the one who used Atomic Bomb on Japan? In my view, Democrats are hypocrite of higher degree than Democrats. It doesn't matter which party is governing USA, we will always be pressurized with the philosophy of "Do more" and the phantom will go on, be it Republicans or Democrats. Because they know how to get their interests in the best way possible. If we dont know this skill, then we dont even have any right to criticize them for anything they "Do more" to destroy us.

I am thankful to Trump already that he will be going to cut military assistance and aid to Pakistan. He will further his predecessors' effort and will iron handedly bully Muslims all around the world. I am expecting at least a bit of it despite the fact that slogans to win elections are always different than ground realities. Still, a man is the shadow of his perceptions. I am not hard & fast believer of "conspiracy theories' but still Believe me Trump is good for us, ask yourself, can we so called Muslims understand why trump is better for us?

Btw I can tell you at least one news which could be construed by some 'true Muslims as good news within the bad news of Trump being elected as President. The news is that some analysts believe that Israel was not supporting Trump. I agree to some extent, because this election was a rare win for middle class Americans, unlike upper-class fraternity who are staunch supporter of Israel. This might not be cent percent true but still the story is provoking for some.

Whatever the jugglery of parties we know at the forefront in US elections. Its the "establishment of America" which holds actual powers. Trump and Hillary are just DJs on the stage who sing at the tunes of their lords. Who is running the actual show? Its a group of people in the establishment with strings attached....hence the control goes back to people with power to buy whatever they want and here again the Israel card is at play -  the other way around.

The best quality of any establishment is to follow a specific path with stability and consistency, then finally achieve their goals, whatever is the cost. It doesn't matter who is the President. The best candidate for any establishment is a "layman" who knows nothing but compliance. I heard some distortion that Trump is a layman in politics.

Trump will be a trump card or a trumpet, its not difficult for some to sense it. Let's wait and hear the new trumpet from an old musical instrument.

Do you believe Trumpitization of Muslims is good for us? Do you people know why he is good for us? share your ideas, if you have any!

This Content Originally Published by a member of VU Students.

Views: 176

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is Sr Anjum Altaf, who seem to agree with me today :)

The writer is a former dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at Lums.

MUCH as many are finding it hard to say anything good about Donald Trump, it cannot be denied that he has delivered the world a much-needed wake-up call. Gone is the complacency about a whole host of topics that had seemed firmly settled — democracy, capitalism, globalisation, trade, to name a few.

Fresh thinking has been unleashed on a number of other issues — climate change, identity, immigration, terrorism, among them. There was dire need to rethink many of these and if the world required Trump to revitalise the debates, it has only itself to blame. In large measure, Trump is an outcome of not paying heed to what was going on under our noses but escaped attention because of the ideological biases of prosperous and uncaring ruling elites.

The ‘boiling frog’ analogy comes to mind: a frog dropped in boiling water will jump out but if placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it would not perceive the danger and be cooked to death.

The American leader’s cavalier attitude has unleashed fresh thinking on a number of issues.

With the continuation of the mainstream status quo, had Hillary Clinton been elected president of the United States, there is little doubt we would have died in any number of ways because nothing would have changed till it was too late. Either climate change would have overtaken us before we reacted to its dangers while countries continued to bicker amongst themselves; or the neo-imperialist wars in the Middle East would have been intensified with the penchant for regime change to promote American values; or globalisation would have continued unabated enriching a few and reducing the rest of the world to a state of precarious uncertainty.

With Trump, we have been dumped into boiling water. Many of the simmering threats are being desperately examined anew, some, ironically, because Trump has a much more cavalier attitude towards them.

Take global warming, for example, where the Trump team is stocked with climate change deniers. It is precisely because the threat is now so in one’s face that activists have shed their complacency and are seeking new ways to revitalise their efforts. The same is the case with many other issues in which there has been a surge in theoretical revision, community activism, and grass-roots mobilisation. South Asians ought to look particularly carefully at Professor Amartya Sen’s critique of electoral systems based on the first-past-the-post criterion, a key contributor to Trump’s success.

One way to think of this radically new environment is in terms of a lottery. The status quo offered an almost sure bet of muddling through for another few decades before ending in catastrophe. Trump offers a 50 per cent chance of instant extinction (his itchy fingers are on the nuclear button) and a 50pc chance of a revitalised political and social order in which many of the existing pathologies would have been addressed.

Without the threat of imminent chaos, it is unlikely the resistance would have been galvanised in quite the manner that is now under way. Complacency and inertia would have continued to characterise the prevailing order with its almost inevitable consequences.

Consider, as an example, prevailing attitudes to democratic governance compared to its unremarked degradation. While Fukuyama hailed liberal democracy in the West as the end of history, Huntington lauded Ayub Khan as the ideal leader for the modernising world that was not ready for democratic rule. Richard Holbrooke characterised the backwardness of developing countries as follows: “Suppose elections are free and fair and those elected are racists, fascists, separatists. That is the dilemma.” Fareed Zakaria was even more to the point: “Consider, for example, the challenge we face across the Islamic world. We recognise the need for democracy in those often-repressive countries. But what if democracy produces an Islamic theocracy, or something like it?”

The fact that democracy had produced a Hitler much before it produced any racists or fascists in the developing world was overlooked but now that it has produced Trump in the heart of the developed world, the doubts about the way democracy has evolved are out in the open and no longer considered the exclusive problem of backward non-white populations. American democracy in particular has morphed into a plutocracy quite at odds with its original design.

Or take the flip side of this alleged lack of fitness of the often-repressive countries, the unchallenged belief in American Exceptionalism. This rebirth of the white man’s burden in the age of neo-imperialism argued that the world needed to evolve towards American values while assigning a divine responsibility to the US for the purpose. Enlightenment was to be bestowed on the rest of humanity, making it fit for democracy through selective regime changes and by saving its women from the clutches of oppression.

As recently as a year ago, Obama had declared with pride and conviction that “I believe in American exceptionalism with every fibre of my being.” Now, barely six months into the Trump presidency, the veil has been ripped off American values regarding women and minorities and the reality of the US first policy that has wreaked havoc in the world exposed for all to see. As a result, European countries are already envisioning a future with a severely diminished political and ideological leadership role for the US.

Nearer home, ordinary Pakistanis, if they pause to reflect, should also be grateful to Trump for calling out their country’s selective cat-and-mouse game with terrorism. Pakistan’s Afghanistan policy has been unsuccessful at best and at worst has imperilled the future of the nation via its economic cost, social damage, and political isolation. It would have continued unchallenged but for Trump raising the ante by laying aside the niceties and evasions that characterised the US-Pakistan dialogue under earlier presidents. The new bluntness and proposed regional realignment offer a glimmer of hope for an overdue questioning and a review under duress of Pakistan’s damaging security paradigm.

The world may not survive Trump, but if it does, many, including long-suffering Pakistanis, would have a lot to thank him for.

The writer is a former dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at Lums.

Published in Dawn, September 5th, 2017

https://www.dawn.com/news/1355652

Molninggg BE shil :x

ap kab aye thy :O 

me ko khbr hi ni howi ol ap ja b chuky :( 

Evenin Chandoo, I came, went and gone

Just came to drop a virtual bomb on Pakistan's politics .

Some may disagree, but I hope I am trying to play my bit a role in the nation building.

me ki katti BE Shil 

ap chupky chupky aty hy ol Chupky chupky jaty hy 

Asha na BE shil me ko bomb k shat na uraye bsh baki thek hy :P 

RSS

Forum Categorizes

Job's & Careers (Latest Jobs)

Admissions (Latest Admissons)

Scholarship (Latest Scholarships)

Internship (Latest Internships)

VU Study

Other Universities/Colleges/Schools Help

::::::::::: More Categorizes :::::::::::