.... How to Find Your Subject Study Group & Join ....   .... Find Your Subject Study Group & Join ....  

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Study Groups By Subject code Wise (Click Below on your university link & Join Your Subject Group)

[ + VU Study Groups Subject Code Wise ]  [ + COMSATS Virtual Campus Study Groups Subject Code Wise ]

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com?Search Here

Assignment No.3                                                           Dated:Jul 10, 18

Database Management System (CS403) 

Assignment No. 03 - Open

Dear Students,

Assignment No. 03 of the subject Database Management System (CS403) has been uploaded, before submitting the assignment on LMS, please read all instructions given in the assignment file thoroughly.

Due date of the assignment is “16 July, 2018”.  

How to submit assignment No.3:

You are required to install sql server 2005 or 2008.

Make database by using CREAT DATABASE command in query analyzer and run. Then take screen shot of the given query. Also repeat the same procedure for all tasks given in assignment file.   

Past all screen shots of the queries and output in MS Word file and submit on lms.  

SQL Server Installation:

You are required to visit lms and download sql server 2005 or 2008 as per your hardware requirements.

Tutorials and video file has been uploaded on lms  for SQL Server installation and use for the above editions 2005 and 2008 only.

Note: If you are using other version of SQL Server and window then you have to search for hardware or software requirement over internet.

Online SQL Server Compiler or Editor:

For those students who cannot install SQL Server may visit internet for online SQL Server editor and provide solution of all tasks given in assignment file.

You may visit the provided links. These are free online compilers or editors that may not work properly. In such case you have to search other links to run all SQL server commands correctly.  

http://rextester.com/l/sql_server_online_compiler

http://rextester.com/ICGY32404

Note:   No assignment will be accepted through email.

Regards,

Instructor CS403

Uploading instructions:

·         Your assignment should be in .doc /.docx format.

·         Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc000000000.doc).

·         No assignment will be accepted through email.

Rules for Marking:

It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:

1. The assignment is submitted after due date
  2. The assignment is copied
  3. The assignment solution does not have own VU-ID as database name
  4. The assignment solution has other student ID

Objectives

The motive of this assignment is to enable students to use tools to transform ER data model in to Relations/ Tables by using RDBMS.

Important things to consider before doing this assignment: 

This assignment is based on the previous assignment (Assignment No.2 solution) as given below.

CUSTOMER(custID, Name,  address, email)

CATEGORY(catID, catName, intialRate)

SERVICES(serID, serTitle, serDescription, serCharges)

FOOD-ITEM( itemID, itemName, description)

MENU(menuId, no.Of.serving, Quantity, no.ofItems )

VENUE(location, city,  capacity, description)

EVENT(eId, Date, timeSlot )

You are required to thoroughly observe the above relations and implement these relations using RDBMS (SQL Server).

You are required to write and run “SQL Commands”  in query analyzer and provide solution of the following tasks by attaching or pasting  screen shots of each command in MS Word file:

1. Create database with CREATE DATABASE command. The name of your database must be your VU ID.
  2. Transform all relations into tables by CREARE TABLE command with all columns present in the above relations.
  3. Define appropriate data types of each attribute or column using SQL Command.
  4. Insert a single record in “EVENTS” table using SQL Command.
  5. Display the inserted record of “EVENTS” table using SQL Command.  

Note: You are required to Run SQL Queries for all the given tasks and attach screen shots of the required commands and outputs separately as shown in below sample screen shot.

Open the Query Analyzer, and then create a new database by your id, like a sample screenshot

Note: The assignment will be marked zero if the assignment solution does not have student own VU-ID as database name.

Share This With Friends......

How to Find Your Subject Study Group & Join.

Find Your Subject Study Group & Join.

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

This Content Originally Published by a member of VU Students.

+ Prohibited Content On Site + Report a violation + Report an Issue

+ Safety Guidelines for New + Site FAQ & Rules + Safety Matters

+ Important for All Members Take a Look + Online Safety

Views: 5880

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Replies to This Discussion

i am waiting

kb tk email kro gy bhai

you or me

hi, i am trying to solve this assignment for last five hours. first of all i have downloaded sql server 2008 but when i installed it according to below video then there was an error of connection with sql server. then i installed 2014 but there were also a lot of problems. is there anyone that could help me bcz now time is running out.

if there anyone that could help me then plz contact me at jfu114c@gmail.com

nimra mein ap link or video send ki  ap ki gmail id per 

bhai screen shoot 4 leny ya 5???

please send me video and link Princesstahiral110@gmail.com

RSS

Forum Categorizes

Job's & Careers (Latest Jobs)

Admissions (Latest Admissons)

Scholarship (Latest Scholarships)

Internship (Latest Internships)

VU Study

Other Universities/Colleges/Schools Help