.... How to Find Your Subject Study Group & Join ....   .... Find Your Subject Study Group & Join ....  

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Study Groups By Subject code Wise (Click Below on your university link & Join Your Subject Group)

[ + VU Study Groups Subject Code Wise ]  [ + COMSATS Virtual Campus Study Groups Subject Code Wise ]

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com?Search Here

Graded Discussion Board Dated: Jul 11, 16
Graded Discussion Board (GDB)

Graded Discussion Board for English Comprehension (ENG101) will be opened from 14-07-2016 to 15-07-2016.
The topic for the GDB is:

Are social networking sites effective, or are they just a sophisticated means for stalking people? Provide your opinion on the statement.

Write your own views about the given topic. Your comments should NOT exceed 120-150 words.

Read the following instructions carefully before posting your comments:
1. GDB carries 5% weightage in your final assessment.
2. Your comments should be clear, concise, and relevant to the topic.
3. Creative and original ideas written in correct English will be highly appreciated.
4. Any queries related to Graded Discussion Board (GDB) will not be entertained on Regular MDB.
5. For questions or queries related to the topic, you may send email to eng101@vu.edu.pk.
6. Do not send your comments via e-mail or regular MDB. The comments posted on regular MDB will not be graded.
7. Do not post your comments twice.
8. No marks will be awarded for plagiarism.

Share your ideas

This Content Originally Published by a member of VU Students.

Views: 1240

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Replies to This Discussion

Please Discuss here about this GDB.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.

Eng GDB 101
Question » Are social networking sites effective, or are they just a sophisticated means for stalking people? Provide your opinion on the statement. Write your own views about the given topic. Your comments should NOT exceed 120-150 words?
At first we need to understand does it make sense to stalk people online or not.
If you would have asked me the same question, I would have laughed at you, how can somebody stalk someone on internet, it was inconceivable idea to me share any of the personal detail online, as far as I remember it was even discouraged by the sites and as well as everyone who knows or understand internet to share any of the personal details even sometimes names. Internet was scary and unknown area, no one knew the potential it had to hurt people. It was a hot topic only for Hollywood movies how internet will take over our lives and ruin whole mankind.
few years later walllaaaaa, we have managed to make this reality, now people are comfortable. they share things online as they speak to one another. There is no difference speaking to one in person, on phone or chatting on FB and so on. In fact few prefer whatsApp over personally speaking to one. I found one friend laughing at one joke, I asked him what’s the joke. Instead of explaining the joke he simply forwarded the joke. it is simple for him and why so because people lost the personal touch because of social networking. back then the point of sharing the joke is so that he gets to tell somebody in person. Nobody wants to share things personally anymore. everyone wants to forward it to you and leave it to your best of ability to understand. I feel sad when people prefer virtual friend and instead of going out or making new friend they send a new friend request online.
these are drastic changes which nobody could have predicted few years back, not even Nostradamus due to such popularity of social networking one can see people are now living more online than ever before. inface they have less significant life other than social networking which was vice versa few years before. So stalking people online does make sense now. one can easily fake the identity and befriend you in one context and easily stalk you without you even realizing that someone is stalking.
Now parents are advised to add their children on social networking so that they will get to know the activities of their kids, track them and correct if required. Boyfriends and girlfriends issues are from ancient times so let it be. In corporate it is now encouraged to join everyone so that one can track if employee took leave in pretext of bad health, he at least can not enjoy the holidays and share it with social networking and one can understand the pain of having a wonderful holidays and not able to share the photographs online. its equal to not having that Trip
 these are stalking only but in pretext of connecting, making bonds or friends which I take as sophisticated means of stalking people.

Hello bro plz tell me this question is correct .

Eng 101 gdb
Attachments:

dont copy just get the idea.
Are social networking sites effective, or are they just a sophisticated means for stalking people? Provide your opinion on the statement.
In my opinion social networking sites are effective. Social networking sites are mostly used for the purpose of communication and help in bridging the communication gap among people. It provide medium for the interaction at low cost. These sites also have potential to increase awareness of different professional or social issues. These sites are also the source of information. User can search the content, download and use the content available on these sites.
Social networking sites are also very important tool for marketing. It provides inexpensive platform to a person to advertise their product. Social networks are effective time management medium of communication for both the business as well as academic purpose. Anyone can post a message or brows for the information at a click of button.
So all in all Social networking sites are not only a way of stalking others but it has great effectiveness as mentioned above.

Dear Students Don’t wait for solution post your problems here and discuss ... after discussion a perfect solution will come in a result. So, Start it now, replies here give your comments according to your knowledge and understandings....

RSS

Job's & Careers (Latest Jobs)

Admissions (Latest Admissons)

Scholarship (Latest Scholarships)

Internship (Latest Internships)

VU Study

Other Universities/Colleges/Schools Help

+ More Categorizes

© 2017   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service