We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Study Groups By Subject code Wise (Click Below on your university link & Join Your Subject Group)
Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com?Search Here
SEMESTER SPRING 2016
TAXATION MANAGEMENT (FIN623)
ASSIGNMENT NO. 01
DUE DATE: JULY 19, 2016
To develop an understanding on computation of taxable income and tax liability of salaried individual under related provisions of Income Tax Ordinance 2001 Objective
Mr. Ijaz is a government employee and resident individual of Pakistan. Following are the details about his income for the tax year 2016:
Basic salary (50,000 – 6,000 – 100,000)
Annual leave encashment
Utilities paid by employer
1. Un-furnished rent-free accommodation provided by the employer.
2. He is entitled to a medical allowance in addition to medical facility from his employer.
3. Motor vehicle provided partly for official and partly for personal use. Cost of vehicle to the employer was Rs 2,000,000.
4. Salary of driver Rs. 150,000 paid by employer.
5. Tax deducted at source is Rs. 200,000.
6. Zakat deducted at source is Rs. 60,000.
Determine total taxable income and tax liability of Mr. Ijaz for the Tax Year 2016
This Content Originally Published by a member of VU Students.