.... How to Find Your Subject Study Group & Join ....   .... Find Your Subject Study Group & Join ....  

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Study Groups By Subject code Wise (Click Below on your university link & Join Your Subject Group)

[ + VU Study Groups Subject Code Wise ]  [ + COMSATS Virtual Campus Study Groups Subject Code Wise ]

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com?Search Here

Graded Discussion Board (GDB) Taxation Management (FIN623) Spring 2016 Due Date 11th, May 2016

An Overview of Taxation System

Learning Objectives: This activity aims to enable the students to understand different approaches, types of taxation and determination of tax year.

Taxes are the major source of revenue for any government and it is a major instrument of fiscal policy as well. There are different types of taxes which are levied by the government in order to enhance revenues i.e., direct taxes and indirect taxes. Some approaches of collecting taxes are Progressive Tax, Regressive Tax and Proportional Tax (Flat Tax). For tax collection, determination of tax year for the tax payer is very important. Keeping in mind the above points, answer the following:

• How indirect tax is collected from tax payers?
  • “If indirect tax is paid by an individual then he is not liable to pay any other type of tax”. Discuss the above statement with an appropriate example.
  • What do you understand by the term “Tax Year”?
  • How “Normal Tax Year” and “Special Tax Year” is determined for the tax payer in Pakistan?

Important Instructions:

1. Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
  2. Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
  3. Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
  4. Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
  5. You are advised to watch video lectures, study handouts, recommended course material, Income Tax Ordinance 2001 (updated), Income Tax Rules 2002 (updated) and official site of FBR (Federal Board of Revenue) in order to answer the above questions successfully.

This Content Originally Published by a member of VU Students.

Views: 715

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Replies to This Discussion

Frinds join us discussion

Please join the discussion .. where is everyone? no student of

ap kis time yahan aati han??? Zayada students shayd ni hongy. Misbah Iqbal ap please mery sath grouping karain q k aagy quizes, assignments or GDBs aany han. My skype id is imran32186. Reply me fast.

G zaroor .. but yeh group bhi study k liye hai... we can discuss here ... aap k grp main kitnay members hain?

+ M.Tariq Malik Sir please  join the discussion ... yahan bohat thoray students hain .. please bieng an admin  bring some students in this discussion ..Thnx 

i wonder k yahan really main koi students nahi hain.. strange

koi hai jo gdb related baat karay?????

Definition & Explanation of TAX YEAR [ Sec. 2(68) & 74].

1. It is a period of twelve months ending on the 30th of June of the calendar year in which the date falls. In certain situations, a tax year can be a period of less than 12 months e.g. on account of discontinuance of business etc. (Sec 117(2). 

2. Under this Ordinance, “Tax Year” is the point of reference for computing the income, for application of law, calculation of limitations and all other actions to be taken. 

Its a copied content but at least we can get a little idea from this,

(a) Normal Tax Year 

It is a period of twelve months ending on the 30th of June of the calendar year in which the date falls. This is also called as “Normal Tax Year”. For example, the tax year 2006 which commenced on 1st of July, 2005 will end on 30th of June, 2006. It is also referred to as “Financial Year” for the purposes of Sec 74.

(b) Special Tax Year. 

Also of a period of twelve months. It is different from the “Normal Tax Year” or “Financial year” and is denoted by the calendar year relevant to the Normal Tax Year in which the closing date of Special Tax Year falls.

Kiya 4th Q main hum nay sirf define kerna hai in dono terms ko? ya explain kerna hai?

11-May is the last day to solve this

RSS

Forum Categorizes

Job's & Careers (Latest Jobs)

Admissions (Latest Admissons)

Scholarship (Latest Scholarships)

Internship (Latest Internships)

VU Study

Other Universities/Colleges/Schools Help

::::::::::: More Categorizes :::::::::::

Latest Activity

Sweety replied to HaPpY cнαη∂α (✿◠‿◠)(◉‿◉✿)'s discussion PSY101_Share your Current Final Term Papers Spring 2017 at One Place from 12 August 2017 to 24 August 2017 in the group PSY101 Introduction to Psychology
7 minutes ago
ŇỖÃϻÃŇ ÃŻĮŻ replied to ŇỖÃϻÃŇ ÃŻĮŻ's discussion DOnt Call Me Bahi :'(
8 minutes ago
ŇỖÃϻÃŇ ÃŻĮŻ replied to ŇỖÃϻÃŇ ÃŻĮŻ's discussion DOnt Call Me Bahi :'(
8 minutes ago
UsAmA TogArvEe replied to ŇỖÃϻÃŇ ÃŻĮŻ's discussion DOnt Call Me Bahi :'(
9 minutes ago
UsAmA TogArvEe liked ŇỖÃϻÃŇ ÃŻĮŻ's discussion DOnt Call Me Bahi :'(
9 minutes ago
UsAmA TogArvEe replied to careless girl *'s discussion HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASOOM CHANDA
10 minutes ago
UsAmA TogArvEe replied to careless girl *'s discussion HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASOOM CHANDA
10 minutes ago
UsAmA TogArvEe liked careless girl *'s discussion HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASOOM CHANDA
11 minutes ago
UsAmA TogArvEe replied to HaPpY cнαη∂α (✿◠‿◠)(◉‿◉✿)'s discussion (`*•.¸(`*•.¸ ˙•٠•●♥ Happy BirthDay MaSoOm Chanda ♥●•٠•˙ ¸.•*´)¸.•*´ )
11 minutes ago
UsAmA TogArvEe replied to mahimchaudhry MIT's discussion Chnduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu jani ka hr din aham k hr din bhi birday celebrate kren to km h
12 minutes ago
UsAmA TogArvEe replied to mahimchaudhry MIT's discussion Chnduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu jani ka hr din aham k hr din bhi birday celebrate kren to km h
12 minutes ago
UsAmA TogArvEe liked mahimchaudhry MIT's discussion Chnduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu jani ka hr din aham k hr din bhi birday celebrate kren to km h
13 minutes ago

© 2017   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service