We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Study Groups By Subject code Wise (Click Below on your university link & Join Your Subject Group)
Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com?Search Here
Department of Mass Communication
Virtual University of Pakistan SEMESTER SPRING 2015
ASSIGNMENT NO.1 MARKS: 15
Graded Assignment Due Date: 1st June, 2015
• Through this assignment students would be able to develop in-depth understanding
of possible problems that may cause failure of a development campaign through a
real case study
Read the below mentioned case and answer the following questions accordingly.
During a poverty reduction assessment mission in an Asian country, the team composed
of various sector specialists identified a few solutions meant to improve the livelihoods
of villagers in the community. Among other issues, the experts noted that women, who
were doing a number of heavy chores, had to walk almost an hour to fetch water from
the nearby river. If a water well was built by the village, the experts reckoned that
women would save time and energy that were now required in the daily walks to the
As a result, a technically sound proposal was done, funds were made available and the
water well was quickly built. One year later a follow-up mission returned to the same
community. To the experts’ surprise, the newly built water well was rarely being used
by the women. When they asked for the reasons, after some initial resistance from the
villagers, the experts learned that the walk to the river was one of the few daily
moments in which women could be together and socialize. Taking away that walk
meant taking away their only moments of sharing part of their lives and having some
relaxed moments away from the other hard chores they carried out individually.
1. From given description what idea do you have about the target population in the given case? Give a brief estimation of their demographics, their education and life styles.
2. What was the major fault in the above mentioned step taken to facilitate villagers and why it was failed?
3. Suppose if you were sent to that area to educate the people of that community to avail interest free loan scheme of the government to improve their economic status, what would be your strategy? Answer the question keeping in mind the SMCR model.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• Compose your document in MS-Word 2003. Any file created in any other version will not be accepted and marked zero.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
This Content Originally Published by a member of VU Students.
Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks
Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution
We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.