We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Study Groups By Subject code Wise (Click Below on your university link & Join Your Subject Group)
Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com?Search Here
|Starting Date||Monday, May 07, 2018|
|Closing Date||Friday, May 11, 2018|
|Question Title||Digitalization of Business Activities|
Introduction to Business (MGT211)
Graded Discussion Board
Due Date: 11th May, 2018
Total Marks: 05
Topic: Digitalization of Business Activities
The basic objective of this discussion is to familiarize students about the digital revolution in business activities.
After participating in this GDB;
We have entered in the decade of self-services. Technology is eventually penetrating and revolutionizing all products. It was common practice for customers to encounter inexperienced sales staff, long waiting lines and most importantly calculated official hours (when customers could not approach the banks or other companies after 5:00 PM). As a result, opportunities to conduct online business have become a welcome alternative to most consumers. Now a day, businesses value the low cost of operations and reliability of automating transactions. In self-services, companies provide an opportunity to customers to get things done on their own. Self-service technologies in business firstly introduced in 1880s, and then self-service gas pump stations and ATMs machines came into existence. Now different organizations are providing different types of self-services technologies such as interactive voice response system (IVR), freestanding kiosks and online systems to their customers.
Point of Discussion:
In your opinion how the orientation of digital technologies has helped marketers to improve their methods of building strong relationships with their customers as compared to traditional methods of making relationships with customers? Discuss your answer with four logical arguments.
1. Keep you discussion with the mentioned scenario and irrelevant answers and material will not be graded.
2. Be careful from those blogs who are promoting cheating culture among our students and killing their creativity and critical thinking. Answers copied from such blogs will be straightaway marked as zero. Similarly any relevant or irrelevant material copied from internet sources will get the same treatment. It can seriously damage your grades.
For acquiring the relevant knowledge, do not rely only on handouts but also watch the course video lectures and read additional material available online or in any other mode.
· Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
· The GDB will open and close on above specified date and time. Please note that no grace day or extra time will be given for posting comments on GDB.
· Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
· Your answer should be relevant to the topic i.e. clear and concise.
· Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
· Books, websites and other reading material may be consulted before posting your comments; but copying or reproducing the text from books, websites and other reading materials is strictly prohibited. Such comments will be marked as Zero (0) even if you provide references.
· You should post your answer on the Graded Discussion Board (GDB), not on the Moderated Discussion Board (MDB). Both will run parallel to each other during the time specified above. Therefore, due care will be needed.
· Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
· You cannot participate in the discussion after the due date via email.
· Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
· For planning your semester activities in an organized manner, you are advised to view schedule of upcoming Assignments, Quizzes and GDBs in the overview tab of the course website on VU-LMS.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Pre Mid-Term semester activities have started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
Share This With Friends......