We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Study Groups By Subject code Wise (Click Below on your university link & Join Your Subject Group)
Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com?Search Here
SEMESTER SPRING 2016
Theory and Practice of Counseling (PSY632)
Assignment No. 02
Due Date: 29.06.2016 Marks: 20
This assignment has been designed to give students the opportunity to polish their critical thinking by integrating what they are learning.
Read the following case scenario carefully and with full concentration.
Khalid came to Mr. Jamil, a counselor working in a local hospital, with the presenting complaints of having anger, difficulty in maintaining relationships, feeling of being alone and lack of interest in daily activities. Khalid also reported himself to be restricting in his social activities since the death of his wife. Counselor developed a management plan for Kahlid for six sessions in which he used different behavioral and cognitive techniques. On the sixth session (the last session) with Khalid the counselor told him that today he will terminate the counseling however he can come for the follow up sessions. But Khalid told the counselor that still he does not find himself able enough to quit counseling sessions. However counselor was of the view that six sessions were more than enough to get out of his problem and now he should practice what he had learned during the course of counseling.
Now answer the following questions about the above mentioned case scenario.
1. What flaws or lack of counseling skills you can identify in the current scenario and its consequences? (10)
2. What suggestions you can give to the counselor for dealing with the client? (10)
Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
· Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
· Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
· It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
· Use black and blue font colors only.
· Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
· Give the answer according to question.
· For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
· It has been submitted after due date
· The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
· It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
· It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…
Share This With Friends......