Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

ورچوئل یونی ورسٹی، سرکاری یونی ورسٹی یا نجی کاروباری ادارہ؟

ادھار محبت کی کینچی ہے کہ فارمولے کو ورچوئل یونی ورسٹی کی انتظامیہ نے اتنی سنجیدگی سے لے لیا ہے کہ چند ہزار روپے فیس کے لئے طالب علم کا پورا سمسٹر داؤ پر لگا دیتے ہیں۔ اس کے باوجود کہ ورچوئل یونی ورسٹی کے پاس ہر طالب علم کا سکیوریٹی ڈپازٹ موجود ہوتا ہے، ہر چند ہفتے بعد ایل ایم ایس اکاؤنٹ بند کردینا انتظامیہ کی کاروباری ذہنیت کی عکاس ہے۔ جو رویہ انہوں نے رواں رکھا ہوا ہے، یہ نجی جامعات میں بھی نہیں ہوتا۔ اگر کوئی نجی جامعہ کسی طالب علم کو امتحان میں شرکت سے صرف اس لئے روک دے کہ وہ فیس کی رقم وقت پر ادا نہیں کرسکا تو سارا پاکستان بشمول حکومتی مشنری اس یونی ورسٹی کی لتیں لینے کھڑی ہوجائے گی۔ دوسری جانب ورچوئل یونی ورسٹی کا معاملہ یہ ہے کہ بات بات پر جرمانہ، ایل ایم ایس اکاؤنٹ کی بندش، امتحانات میں شرکت سے محروم کردینا عام بات بن گئی ہے۔ یہ یونی ورسٹی کئی معاملات میں ناجائز فیسیں وصول کررہی ہے لیکن کوئی پوچھنے والا نہیں۔ ابھی حال ہی مجھے بھی ایک ایسے تجربے سے گزرنا پڑا جب یونی ورسٹی نے صرف انیس سو روپے جو صرف چھ دن کی تاخیر کا شکار ہوئے تھے، میرا اکاؤنٹ بند کردیا اور میں تین اسائنمنٹ، دو کوئز اور ایک جی ڈی بی جمع کروانے سے محروم ہوگیا۔ یہیں پر بس نہیں، میں ڈیٹ شیٹ بھی نہیں دیکھ سکتا۔ یعنی اگر میں نے فیس جمع نہ کروائی تو میں امتحان بھی نہیں سے سکتا۔ حالانکہ یونی ورسٹی کے پاس آٹھ ہزار روپے سے زائد رقم سکیوریٹی کی مد میں پہلے سے موجود ہے۔

بہرحال، میری رائے میں ورچوئل یونی ورسٹی انتظامیہ اپنے کنٹرول کا ناجائز فائدہ اٹھا رہی ہے۔ یہ کنٹرول دوسری پبلک یونی ورسٹیز اور نجی یونی ورسٹیز کا حاصل نہیں۔

Views: 1191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes this is not fair.......what should we do :(

I can very well debate and answer you but having read your argument, you seem to have established a unilateral biased version due to your own experience. How many universities have you been through in your life? I can name the universities where you are stopped from grading activities in event of default. Let me know if you are up for a fair argument, i will respond you in detail nullifying the entire point you have presented here.

It is requested to all Student of Virtual University that they make protest againt Blocking of LMS accounts and send E-mails to Finance department recording this policy.

Second wrong policy of Virtual University is that When ever you become Late in making Date Sheet You have to pay 500 rupees and 1000 rupees to make your date sheet.

So, All the Student protest against this Policy of University. 

datesheet agr late ho jay tu seat ka b problem . according to suited day seat nahi milti. due to late fee locking of MS account?????????????

securit fee 5000 hoti hy university k pass . aisa nhi hona chahye , student sudy losss.

is ka koi faida nahi hony wala ap ko yaha email krni chahiye rector@vu.edu.pk 

Email to Director Finance, Who deals with Account Branch of Virtual University.

director_finance@vu.edu.pk

yes sunny gy zrur lekn amal kcuh nhi krian gy

Jitni marzi khap dalein, ap logon ki logic hi ghalat hai... Pehley research karein k University Security Fees leti kuin hai? Security fees is like a bond to keep you committed. Once you take admission, there are costs involved with it. Your e-mail accounts are not free, the server load increases as student count increases, is that free? If students count increase, they have to hire more staff to manage, do u think that staff is free? I mean ap log kia mantak lekar bethey ho...

Well, don't get itchy on this. Aap to aarastu bany baithy hain..

I studied in Karachi University and never saw a single student getting evicted due to late payment of fees. They impose fines but they will never stop you studying just because you don't pay on time.

Your facts are wrong. Virtual University is using Gmail's Education Account and it is absolutely FREE. Your point about Server load is technically misleading. I won't get into details to avoid lengthy discussion.

I agree that university need to hire more staff but do you know what is the ratio of teacher to student in Virtual University? Karachi University's Teacher to Student ratio is about 1:50

If you can get me that Gmails Education account for free, i will be happiest person on planet. That education account is limited to universities listed with Google and most of them are US / Canada based universities :)

Oh by the way, I have studied in UET, Lahore, had some similar things there. I have studied in Comsats as well, they do exactly the same.

Regarding ratio, Do you know what is the student & teacher's count in VU. I am sure you dont :) Student count was nearing 100,000 way back in 2013..

Regarding server, well you should check out Vcomsats server who have copied the LMS system from VU. You will find out the difference very well. Students have suffered in examinations at Vcomsats just due to server issues. Khair, it is endless debate. I can talk from VU's perspective coz i know them inside out. I have been a student too so i understand this side of story as well. You on the other hand contain one sided information :)

And thank you for declaring me Arastu :P Itna kabil hota to yahan na hota

Google For Education is borderless. Get your facts right please. If you own a EDU domain, do let me know and I will get 'Google Apps for Education' for you.

Regarding Ratio, you twisted the answer. I asked the ratio, not count. If VU has more than one hundred thousand students but staff is less than 1000 then how much do they have to spend on the staff?

VU is very much like AIOU. But still, AIOU is far generous then VU Administration.

Again, your are technically incorrect on Server issue. I own a VPS and it can handle more than 1 million unique visitors a day. And I spend less than $500 on it per year.

I have strong feeling that either you are employed by VU or own/work at a PVC. :-)

RSS

Looking For Something? Search Below

Top Trends 

Latest Activity

kashifali commented on + M.Tariq Malik's page Chit Chat Wall
8 hours ago
kashifali liked Momna Arshad's profile
8 hours ago
kashifali left a comment for Momna Arshad
8 hours ago
kashifali left a comment for jiya ali
8 hours ago