1. MOPED is the short term for 'Motorized Pedaling'.
2. POP MUSIC is 'Popular Music' shortened.
3. BUS is the short term for 'Omnibus' that means everybody.
4. FORTNIGHT comes from 'Fourteen Nights' (Two Weeks).
5. DRAWING ROOM was actually a 'withdrawing room' where people withdrew
after Dinner. Later the prefix 'with' was dropped..
6. NEWS refers to information from Four directions N, E, W and S..
7. AG-MARK, which some products bear, stems from 'Agricultural
8. JOURNAL is a diary that tells about 'Journey for a day' during each
9. QUEUE comes from 'Queen's Quest'. Long back a long row of people as
waiting to see the Queen. Someone made the comment Queen's Quest..
10. TIPS come from 'To Insure Prompt Service'. In olden days to get
Prompt service from servants in an inn, travelers used to drop coins in a
Box on which was written 'To Insure Prompt Service'. This gave rise to
the custom of Tips.
11. JEEP is a vehicle with unique Gear system. It was invented during World War II
(1939-1945). It was named 'General Purpose Vehicle (GP)'.GP was changed
into JEEP later.
12. Coca-Cola was originally green.
13. The most common name in the world is Mohammed..
14. The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they
15. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
16. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row ! of the keyboard.
17. Women blink nearly twice as much as men!!
18. You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
19. It is impossible to lick your elbow.
20.. People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze,
your heart stops for a millisecond.
21. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
22. The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the
toughest tongue twister in the English language.
23. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from
>> Spades - King David
>> Clubs - Alexander the Great,
>> Hearts - Charlemagne
>> Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
24. Horse Statue in a Park…
>> If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both
front legs in the air, the person died in battle.
>> If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died
as a result of wounds received in battle
>> If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person
died of natural causes.
25. What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and
laser printers all have in common? Ans. - All invented by women.
26. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
27. A snail can sleep for three years.
28. All polar bears are left handed.
29. Butterflies taste with their feet.
30. Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
31. In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
32. On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
33. Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'.
34. Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
35. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
36. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
37. The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the
body to squirt blood 30 feet.
38. Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over
39. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in
your ear by 700 times.
40. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to
suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck