Please find below assignment#3 for CS507:
Kindly discuss here and suggest your opinions. Thanks
You will have to record a video file (audio+video) for making the assignment read the following instructions
Instructions for the assignment preparation:
· You are required to make a presentation file (.ppt or .pptx) for your assignment solution
· Presentation will consist of maximum of 4 – 5 slides
· First slide will contain student name and ID
· Remaining slides(3-4) will contain the solution of the assignment
· You have to formally present your assignment with proper dress code and have to record the video of your
· You can use any video recording facility such as web cam, camera, mobile phone or etc. for recording of
your presentation (See the tutorial “Tips for Recording Videos.mp4” available at download section of
· In first slide, you will tell your name and ID, and in remaining slides, you will be required to explain your
· Your introduction and explanation should not take more than 4 to 5 minutes
· After recording of your presentation, you have to convert your video in “.3gp” format using any video
conversion tool to reduce the size of the video file. (See the tutorial “Video Compression.mp4” available
at download section of VULMS)
· After converting the video in .3gp format, review your file to verify that audio and video are properly
· Install VLC media player to view your compressed video before uploading on VU-LMS. You can
download VLC from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html.
· It is preferable to use English in your presentation in case of reluctance you can also use Urdu language.
· Note that you will record your presentation standing in front of camera.
Please view the Assignment Submission Process document provided to you by the Virtual University for
Compress your video file and presentation file using any compression tool like WINZIP or WINRAR
Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc020200786.rar)
Make sure that size of assignment file should not exceed 30 MB
No assignment will be accepted through email.
Weightage of Assignment:
· This assignment has 5% weightage of your overall marks in CS507.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
The assignment is submitted after due date.
In assignment file the student name with vu student id is not mentioned
The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
Question 1 : What is Grid Computing? Discuss Distributed Computing vs Grid Computing.
(10 Marks= 5 for Slides+ 5 for Contents)
Total Assignment Marks =20 ( 10 for Question 1+ 10 for Presentation/Video)
Be precise in your answer. Write in your own words according to the problem statement. Don’t write
unnecessary or irrelevant information it will mark zero.
Data should be properly formatted
Do not put any query on MDB related to assignment, if you have any query then email at
Your assignment must be uploaded on VULMS on or before Tuesday 26th July 2016.
this is easy assignment just follow these steps
1. open ppt and on first slide put your name and ID then right click on the ppt box on left create a new ppt side ...like this make 4 or five slides and write your content in it.
2.make a video from your phone mention your name and ID and start reading the slides slowly and persuasively. after finishing the video send it to yous computer via usb.
3. down load this link below and put your video in it to compress on .3gp
4. after compressing your video check it on VLC (you to download that as well)... quality of the video will be a bit low.
5. make a new folder name it with your student ID put your ppt and compressed video in it and compless the whole file on RAR ...and submit it to LMS ...it will take 5 minutes to load your assignment on lms ... i hope it helps ...
Following are the links:
VLC download: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
Any video converter download: http://www.any-video-converter.com/download-avc-free.php
Winrar 32 and 86 bit:http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rarlab.com%2Frar%2Fw...
I hope every thing is clear now if still you need any assistant see this video may be its helpful to you.