We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Assignment No, 2 is uploaded on VULMS. You May download the Assignment file from VULMS CS614 Assignments link. You are directed to submit your Assignment No, 2 in Microsoft Word “.doc” file format til

Assignment No. 2

Graded

Semester Fall 2015
Data Warehousing– CS614

Objective:

The assignment has been designed to develop your ability to design star schema and to estimate the rows in fact table. 

Instructions:

Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting assignment:

1. 1.      The assignment will not be accepted after due date.
  2. 2.      Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment that does not open or the file is corrupt.
  3. 3.      The assignment file must be an MS Word (.doc) file format; Assignment will not be accepted in any other format.
  4. 4.      Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment if copied (from other student or copied from handouts or internet).
  5. 5.      Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment if the Student ID is not mentioned in the assignment file.

For any query about the assignment, contact only at CS614@vu.edu.pk

Do not post queries related to assignment on MDB.

GOOD LUCK

Question 1                                                                                                                                         [15 Marks]

The Future Tech College has to design a star schema related to the grades for courses completed by the students. The tables with the attributes are as given below.

Table Name

Attributes

Other Details

Course-Section

Course_ID, Sec_No, Course_Name, Units, Room_ID, Room_Capacity.

During a given semester total sections of courses are 500.

Professor

Prof_ID, Prof_Name, Title, Department_ID, Department_Name.

Student

Student_ID, Student_Name, Major.

Each course section comprises of not more than 30 students.

Period

Semester_ID, Year.

The data of 10 years is maintained with each having 30 periods in total

You have to;

• Design the star schema to record the grades for the courses completed by the students and the date of completion. 
  • Estimate the number of rows in fact table by using the details given in the above table.

You may use the MS Vision or any other similar tool to draw the Star Schema.

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 9215

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

noboy here

Please Discuss here about this assignment.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.

i even can't understand the question. what does it mean by "Major".

any body who could give the better idea about this assignment

Handout notes page 104 - 118, just go through these pages.

ye schema bnana kis software main haii

you may use the MS Vision or any other similar tool to draw the Star Schema.

ap online bhi bna sakte hen .

https://erdplus.com/#/

RSS

Latest Activity

+ ՏhehαrZααD + replied to + ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !'s discussion روح کے زخم
2 hours ago
+ ՏhehαrZααD + liked 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ............. ایک تلخ حقیقت..........
2 hours ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R replied to 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ............. ایک تلخ حقیقت..........
3 hours ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R replied to + ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !'s discussion روح کے زخم
3 hours ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R liked + ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !'s discussion روح کے زخم
3 hours ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R liked +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion عزت وہ ہے جس میں ہمارا قلب مطمئن ہوتا ہے
3 hours ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R replied to + sílєnzíσ's discussion If fb, google nd youtube would have been subjects..... !!!!!!!!!!!!
3 hours ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R replied to 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ............. ایک تلخ حقیقت..........
3 hours ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R liked 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ............. ایک تلخ حقیقت..........
3 hours ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R replied to +++STUDENT+++'s discussion Bya namaz
3 hours ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R liked ++!!! Drama Queen's discussion !!!!!!!!!!!!!! KOn hay GALAT.............??????
3 hours ago
saniya gul joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
Mahim Ch replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Any Profile On the Site
7 hours ago
Hadi updated their profile
8 hours ago
彡JK彡 ❤️ liked +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion عزت وہ ہے جس میں ہمارا قلب مطمئن ہوتا ہے
8 hours ago
+ M.Tariq Malik liked + M.Tariq Malik's discussion 111 Solved MCQs of Financial Management MGT201
9 hours ago

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service