We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

Fundamentals of Algorithms CS502-

Spring 2015

ASSIGNMENT #3

Deadline

Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted at or before 24thJuly 2015 Uploading instructions Please view the assignment submission process document provided to you by the Virtual University to upload the assignment.

Rules for Marking

It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:

O The assignment is submitted after due date.

O The submitted assignment does not compile or run. Or corrupt file

O The assignment is copied.

O Submit your solution in Microsoft Word document “doc/docx”

Objectives

This assignment will help you to understand the concepts of Knapsack Problem and Huffman encoding.

The grip on these topics will help you to understand the cores of Dynamic Programming and Greedy paradigms and increase your confidence to apply these strategies for real world problems.

Guidelines

1.In order to attempt this assignment you should have full command on Lecture # 17to Lecture # 26

and also read the text book “Introduction to Algorithms” byThomaH.Cormen particularly for Huffman encoding technique for compressing the data.

2.In order to solve this assignment you have strong concepts about following topicsüKnapsack Problem(Dynamic Programming)üRadix Sort Books to read For solution Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest, and Stein (CLRS) 2001, Introduction to Algorithm, (2nd ed.) McGraw Hill.

Estimated Time

4 Hours For Question1 maximum time is 2.5 hours ,divide the time according to your ease 1.5 hour will enough to understand the logics0/1 Dynamic Programming and in 1 hour can design your problem solution according to given scenario; and for second problem focus on the radix sort and you can develop all this in 1.5 hour.

It all depends upon your sheer concentration.

Question# 1(10) Let’s assume,

You are working in Multinational Organization XYZ and your company is going to launch projects at broader level. Your Company has 140 Billion $ for investment. You area Business analyst in your company and you have to develop the strategy to maximize the earned profit following the given limits; projects Are to be launched in the year 2016.

•First project is about Research and Development of underdeveloped countries which has cost 40 billion $ and the profit earned will be54 Billion $, and

•The second project is to launch the Software Industries for security Enhancements in different countries which has cost 60 billion$ and profit earned will be 40billion $.

•The Third project is relating to Launch the Industry Plants Nano Technology design for the computing purposes the cost is 70 Billion $ giving the profit of

72 billion $

•The fourth project is to launch quality Medicine Formation

(Pharmaceutical Oriented) project to serve Humanity and has cost 76

billion

$ and profit is 84 billion $ and

•There is also fifth project which is relating to Chemical Industries in many countries which has cost 36 billion $ giving the profit of 40 billion $

Find out the projects to be selected to earn the maximum profit using

0-1 Knapsack you may assign explicit simple variables for your ease to proceed the calculations.

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 16465

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

any one tell me

Ms Word main brother

vu walo ne ne mana kiya huwa hai

Rules for Marking

It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:

O The assignment is submitted after due date.

O The submitted assignment does not compile or run. Or corrupt file

O The assignment is copied.

O Submit your solution in Microsoft Word document “doc/docx”

agr kisi ne complete assignment bana li hai to ms word ma upload ker de plzzzzzzz

Complete Solution this  V[i,j] = max {V[i − 1, j], vi + V[i − 1, j − wi]} Project/Weights 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 110 120 130 140 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 C=40, P=54 0 0 0 0 54 54 54 54 54 54 54 54 54 54 54 C=60, P=40 0 0 0 0 54 54 54 54 54 54 94 94 94 94 94 C=70, P=72 0 0 0 0 54 54 54 72 72 72 72 126 126 126 126 C=76, P=84 0 0 0 0 54 54 54 72 84 84 84 126 138 138 138 C=36, P=40 0 0 0 0 54 54 54 72 84 84 94 126 138 138 138

Tariq Bahi your Pics is never see upload again

Aslam~o~Alikum;

Any Body tell me in which format assignment will be submitted???

Because it is cleared in instruction that,

"It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if: 

Submit your solution in  Microsoft Word document “doc/docx” 

Pleas Uplod complete solution

MS word ki file submit kro bhai

after finding table how we can select the projects for earning maximum profit?
can any body tell me please

Sir pleaase tell me assignment konsy format/file me submitt krwani hy???????? aj extended day hy someone please help me.....li8 chali jae gi 10:30 to phir ye assignment expire ho jae ga mera... please help

RSS

Latest Activity

+"Alan Walker"++ liked UMER UMER's discussion Ego is the Enemy.
1 minute ago
+"Alan Walker"++ replied to + !! "AS" !!'s discussion Jis Tarah ..
4 minutes ago
+"Alan Walker"++ liked + !! "AS" !!'s discussion Jis Tarah ..
5 minutes ago
ALEENA liked + ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !'s discussion 100 Instructions from the Quran
19 minutes ago
ALI RAZA joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
24 minutes ago
+¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ replied to +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion My Quiz CS408 Last Date 21.11.2019 in the group CS408 Human Computer Interaction
37 minutes ago
Profile IconTayyaba Talib, ALI RAZA, Husnain Kan and 26 more joined Virtual University of Pakistan
38 minutes ago
+¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ replied to +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion My Quiz CS408 Last Date 21.11.2019 in the group CS408 Human Computer Interaction
39 minutes ago
arooj liked + M.Tariq Malik's discussion EDU402 Final Term Papers Spring 2019 (24 August ~ 04 September 2019) & All Solved Past Papers, Solved MCQs & Helping Material
39 minutes ago
39 minutes ago
+¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ added a discussion to the group CS408 Human Computer Interaction
41 minutes ago
+Mr President updated their profile
1 hour ago
A_Q added a discussion to the group ENG513 Language Teaching Methods
1 hour ago
ALEENA replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion Site Overview | Assignment Solutions | Past Papers Solutions | VU Students Features
1 hour ago
+ !! "AS" !! replied to + !! "AS" !!'s discussion Ghalti...
1 hour ago
ALEENA liked + Iuuoɔǝut +'s discussion MTH401_Mid term Solved (Part I) with refrence
1 hour ago
Shine--Ex-VUStudent liked + !! "AS" !!'s discussion Yaha Har Cheez ..
1 hour ago
Shine--Ex-VUStudent liked +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion Iss tasvir ko Unwan Dein :-P
1 hour ago
ALEENA replied to ٥ دن's discussion Gunahon ki gehrai
1 hour ago
ALEENA replied to + !! "AS" !!'s discussion Ghalti...
1 hour ago

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service