.... How to Find Your Subject Study Group & Join ....   .... Find Your Subject Study Group & Join ....  

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Study Groups By Subject code Wise (Click Below on your university link & Join Your Subject Group)

[ + VU Study Groups Subject Code Wise ]  [ + COMSATS Virtual Campus Study Groups Subject Code Wise ]

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Search Here

Can Deadlines Kill Creativity?

Many organizations push deadlines to the brink of killing creativity. Somehow, stakeholders do not understand that creativity takes a bit of time. This includes research and more research before the creative team actually goes to the whiteboard and starts mind mapping ideas. They don't seem to understand the value of research so they take it for granted. Market and visual research are crucial to create effective designs. One cannot just skip this part of the process and just doodle something in Photoshop. What if your idea is exactly the same as your competitor's? What if your copy has already been used? How would you know if your idea is effective if you don't have time to test it?

Creating high-impact imagery, though they look very impressive, such as using clever mix of layer styles, Dave Hill image editing, and cool typography will just mask the weakness of the concept which is the concept itself. You can whip up something aesthetically cool but without proper brief, research, brainstorming, and testing, meeting the marketing goals will almost always be at risk.

Don't get me wrong. I believe tight deadlines can boost creativity, but, what if these deadlines become unrealistic to the point where research, brainstorming, and testing are no longer possible? This can cause anxiety and problems in the creative and marketing departments. People end up leaving the company or worse, getting fired. Who doesn't want to see quality work? Clients want to, at least most of them.

People can argue that it's up to the designer whether he is up to the task or not. Everybody has his own take on this based on experience. I've seen many designs that looked rushed and completely lack direction. Sadly, I've done some myself.

Companies are trying to always be a step ahead of the competitors. That's understandable, but, for companies that are still trying to create a niche in the industry, would it be better if they step back and evaluate their strategies and processes instead of cramming to catch up? If you ask me, it's better to build a strong reputation as an organization that strives to produce well-crafted designs than just be forgettable and unremarkable.

I heard somebody said, "In a perfect world that is possible, but the clock is ticking". Well, the world doesn't need to be perfect to fix this problem.

I would love to hear your comments. Please feel free to discuss your insights.

Share This With Friends......

How to Find Your Subject Study Group & Join.

Find Your Subject Study Group & Join.

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

This Content Originally Published by a member of VU Students.

+ Prohibited Content On Site + Report a violation + Report an Issue

+ Safety Guidelines for New + Site FAQ & Rules + Safety Matters

+ Important for All Members Take a Look + Online Safety

Views: 204

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice post. 

I thnk dead linez kill some creativity of dull people only (who does not wnt to do wrk) not of all. its different frm person to person. 

Infact acording to me,, dead linez playz a vital role for takng work from the person lyk me.  

Deadline make me more creative when I have to make my paintings

RSS

Donation

A quality education changes lives & start with you.

Latest Activity

Forum Categorizes

Job's & Careers (Latest Jobs)

Admissions (Latest Admissons)

Scholarship (Latest Scholarships)

Internship (Latest Internships)

VU Subject Study Groups

Other Universities/Colleges/Schools Help

::::::::::: More Categorizes :::::::::::

Member of The Month

1. Nida arshad

Lahore, Pakistan