Course Selection Open For Fall 2013 Existing Students ( Any Question You Can Ask Here About Course Selection)
Announcement for Course Selection for Fall 2013
(Classes Commencement Date: Monday, October 28, 2013)
Last date for Course Selection to add/drop course(s) November 7, 2013
The Course Selection link is available from Tuesday, September 16, 2013 under Student ServicesTab. The students are advised to logon to their respective VULMS account and select their course(s) immediately or at least before the semester commencement date. However, students may add/drop course(s) until November, 07, 2013. Failing to enroll any course(s) by the last date, such students will be treated as “INACTIVE STUDENT” in Fall 2013 semester under “SemesterFreeze Rules 2012” and required to pay additional fee.
1. Existing students may Select/Add/Drop/Replace course(s) by themselves through “Student Services, Course Selection link”.
2. Newly admitted students, enrolled in the 1st semester of their study program, are given pre-selected courses. However, they have an option to reduce course load by dropping course(s) using above mentioned course selection link. (Note: This practice will eventually increase theduration and the fee of the study program).
3. Students are required to complete the minimum residential period of their respective degree program e.g. a 2-year (4-semester) degree program cannot be completed in less than its prescribed time [provided the students are allowed prescribed course(s) exemption by the Committee].
4. Students with blocked VULMS (due to non-payment of fee or any other reason) are not allowed to make their course selection/semester enrolment unless they deposit their outstanding dues.
5. No course Add/Drop request will be entertained after April 17, 2013. In case a student fails to appear in Final Term examination of course(s), s/he will be treated as ‘F (Absent)’ just like dropped course(s) but no fee will be refunded / adjusted.
6. Fee voucher once issued will not be re-issued, upon drop of course(s).
7. Request of student to relax/waive off any offered assignment /quiz will not be entertained / accepted.
8. To apply for VU scholarships, the eligibility criteria also includes selecting and qualifying courses according to prescribed semester wise scheme of studies of program and deposit of the University dues.
9. Students are required to strictly follow while enrollment of maximum credit hours limit for asemester including ‘F’ or ‘D’ grade course(s), if any [except MSBA / MBA (Equivalent to MS) & MSCS.
10. In any of the subsequent semesters a student may repeat once, those course(s) of the previous semester(s) in which s/he had secured the lowest grade i.e. ‘D’ only. However, a student is not allowed to improve ‘D’ grade of a deficiency course qualified. Any improved grade will substitute ‘F’ and ‘D’ grades of the previous semester while calculating CGPA.
11. A student, who fails to achieve the required CGPA for award of diploma/degree, upon the completion of entire prescribed course work program, may be allowed to repeat, once the course(s) of the previous semesters in which s/he had obtained the low grade (i.e. ‘C’ or ‘D’) in order to achieve the minimum CGPA required for the award of diploma/degree, failing which s/he shall cease to be on the rolls.
12. Specialization certificate students’ are not allowed to improve ‘D’ grade course(s).
13. The existing MBA (2-year) program students are encourages to complete their degree program within Spring 2013 semester according to VU Notification No. VU/Reg/1773 published at LMS Notice Board (due to HEC, revised Business Studies roadmap).
14. Students are instructed to follow strictly the Rules and Procedure given in Student Hand Book under - Course Selection link in LMS account.
Declaration: I hereby acknowledge that I have completely read and understood the above rules including semester enrollment, course selection etc. I understand that I shall be responsible for the consequence and thus promise to abide by the University rules framed out from time to time.
Note: Students having issues or seeking guidance regarding course selection may e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
whereas MSCS program students are required to email to email@example.com)
Please guide me.......I am in semester 6 of MBA(3.5yrs) and got 2.57CGPA with 2 D grade subjects.Please guide me, can I improve these D grade subjects in 7th semester and then can I acquire the degree wihtin 3.5yrs or degree would be late.
mustansarazim yes you can select in 7th semester..last semesters credit hour ki limit barh jati hia ..so within 3.5 year ma degree complete hu sakti hai
I would never recommend you dear to think about your D-Grades so early, unless you are not at some secure position. Ap next semesters me mehnat karen, try ur best to improve this GPA to at least 3.0 above, then agar apko zaroorat pari to last semester me is bare me discuss ker lena k apko zaroorat b hai improvement k ya nahi.
ıli! βµŕɨeď€ʍʍ๏ !ilı plz guide me
see mah list above plz
Tariq Bhai, well done because this is a nice platform to share problems in course selection.
Fighting Falcon Shakeel thanks
emmo bhai ........me smjha nahi jo ap ne 3 subject slect wali bat ki....and secondly meri course slection me 6 D grades hen mjy to universtiy walo se additional smester ki permission ki zrurat to nahi na. Both complicated procedure ha is universty ka bus phans gay hen ab koi chara b nahi. aur koi universty hoti to kab ka MBA ho gaya hota.
Apki degree 72 Credit hours hai ya 96? Mujhe apko bilkul exact marks batane k liye apki complete Grade Book dekhni paregi otherwise tukkay wali bat hogi......So its better k agar ap exact marks ka idea lena chahte hain then required GPA calculate kerne k liye ap student services me GPA calculator pe marks change kerke dekh lo, apko exact pata chal jayega k kitne marks required hain.....
Mazeed me yehi ker sakta hon k Saturday, September 21 ko me subha 11am onwards online honga, cant be sure k kitni dair, so agar possible ho to ap log online poch lena, me apko calculate ker donga exact required marks...
ATTN: MBA 2-years degree students - Please read this notification before taking any decision:
mery first smster MCS men 2 D grade hain cs201 ans sta301..
course selection men mjy wo D grade k subjects b show ho rhy hain or 2nd smster k all subjects k elawa 3rd smster k b 2 subjects show ho rhy hain kia men aik time men 2 D grade waly 6 2nd smster waly and 3rd smster k 2 sbjcts selct ker sakti hun??
ager men 2 D grade walo ko abi selct ker lo or 2nd k 2 koi sy 2 skip ker dun to suggest men k 2nd smster k kon sy 2 sbjcts skip ker dun jo next smster ki pre-reqs na hun...
last ye k suugest me k D grades walo ko phly ker lo ya last pe?
Ms. maria zahoor ap ne apna 1st semester ka GPA nahi bataya but m sure k wo good enough hi hai. Chalain farz karen GPA kam b hai tab b apko kisi adventure ki zaroorat nahi hai, agar 2 D-Grade aa b gaye hain to pareshan hone ki zaroorat nahi hai, bas apke haq me ye behtar hai k next semester me apka koi D na aye to yehi acha hai. Meri suggestion yehi hai k apko na hi kisi D-Grade subject ko select kerne ki zaroorat hai or na hi 3rd semester k kisi subject ko cherna apke liye favorable hoga.
Ap bas 2nd semester pe focus karen, agar Allah na kare apko bad me GPA ka problem huwa to ap last semesters me in D-Grades ko improve ker sakti hain.