Course Selection Open For Fall 2013 Existing Students ( Any Question You Can Ask Here About Course Selection)
Announcement for Course Selection for Fall 2013
(Classes Commencement Date: Monday, October 28, 2013)
Last date for Course Selection to add/drop course(s) November 7, 2013
The Course Selection link is available from Tuesday, September 16, 2013 under Student ServicesTab. The students are advised to logon to their respective VULMS account and select their course(s) immediately or at least before the semester commencement date. However, students may add/drop course(s) until November, 07, 2013. Failing to enroll any course(s) by the last date, such students will be treated as “INACTIVE STUDENT” in Fall 2013 semester under “SemesterFreeze Rules 2012” and required to pay additional fee.
1. Existing students may Select/Add/Drop/Replace course(s) by themselves through “Student Services, Course Selection link”.
2. Newly admitted students, enrolled in the 1st semester of their study program, are given pre-selected courses. However, they have an option to reduce course load by dropping course(s) using above mentioned course selection link. (Note: This practice will eventually increase theduration and the fee of the study program).
3. Students are required to complete the minimum residential period of their respective degree program e.g. a 2-year (4-semester) degree program cannot be completed in less than its prescribed time [provided the students are allowed prescribed course(s) exemption by the Committee].
4. Students with blocked VULMS (due to non-payment of fee or any other reason) are not allowed to make their course selection/semester enrolment unless they deposit their outstanding dues.
5. No course Add/Drop request will be entertained after April 17, 2013. In case a student fails to appear in Final Term examination of course(s), s/he will be treated as ‘F (Absent)’ just like dropped course(s) but no fee will be refunded / adjusted.
6. Fee voucher once issued will not be re-issued, upon drop of course(s).
7. Request of student to relax/waive off any offered assignment /quiz will not be entertained / accepted.
8. To apply for VU scholarships, the eligibility criteria also includes selecting and qualifying courses according to prescribed semester wise scheme of studies of program and deposit of the University dues.
9. Students are required to strictly follow while enrollment of maximum credit hours limit for asemester including ‘F’ or ‘D’ grade course(s), if any [except MSBA / MBA (Equivalent to MS) & MSCS.
10. In any of the subsequent semesters a student may repeat once, those course(s) of the previous semester(s) in which s/he had secured the lowest grade i.e. ‘D’ only. However, a student is not allowed to improve ‘D’ grade of a deficiency course qualified. Any improved grade will substitute ‘F’ and ‘D’ grades of the previous semester while calculating CGPA.
11. A student, who fails to achieve the required CGPA for award of diploma/degree, upon the completion of entire prescribed course work program, may be allowed to repeat, once the course(s) of the previous semesters in which s/he had obtained the low grade (i.e. ‘C’ or ‘D’) in order to achieve the minimum CGPA required for the award of diploma/degree, failing which s/he shall cease to be on the rolls.
12. Specialization certificate students’ are not allowed to improve ‘D’ grade course(s).
13. The existing MBA (2-year) program students are encourages to complete their degree program within Spring 2013 semester according to VU Notification No. VU/Reg/1773 published at LMS Notice Board (due to HEC, revised Business Studies roadmap).
14. Students are instructed to follow strictly the Rules and Procedure given in Student Hand Book under - Course Selection link in LMS account.
Declaration: I hereby acknowledge that I have completely read and understood the above rules including semester enrollment, course selection etc. I understand that I shall be responsible for the consequence and thus promise to abide by the University rules framed out from time to time.
Note: Students having issues or seeking guidance regarding course selection may e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
whereas MSCS program students are required to email to email@example.com)
MBA books for sale.
Sir g tussi great0, very helpful discussion
kindly tell me about that, i did bcs ,degree is completed and want to continue with mit whats the procedure?? thanks
Miss as i told you earlier, you have to follow the same procedure as you followed for your admission to BSCS plus one additional info for you that BSCS 4-years degree is equivalent to MCS so why do u want to go for MIT? your right direction leads to MSCS...still if you are interested in Management sciences then its more appropriate that you choose additional specialization (Certificate Course) in any of the Management discipline...
got your point
First of all kindly get clarity according to your program that is it 2.0 or 2.5 that you require for your degree, secondly its more appropriate for you to clear any F-Grade subjects (if any). In your case its little hard to predict the right move, cos i need to know how many subjects are remaining for your semester plus is it two years degree program or 4 years? I will be better able to suggest you if i could see your marks sheet...if any problem to show here then you can message the same to my inbox..
please guide me sir im doing MBA (3.5 years program) now im in 5th semester of my course and have to choose in which subject i must specialized . i want to know that whether it is possible if i choose the to specialized in marketing in 5th semester and in the next semester in finance so the combination is ( finance +marketing) . because vu didn't clear this in course selection .please guide me
Wa' alaikum Assalam,
My dear you cannot choose two specializations at a time unless offered by the university (for instance MBA in Banking & Finance etc). You may have to choose one specialization as a preliminary requirement for completion of degree and after acquiring one specialization, you can opt for multiple specializations (one by one) called certificate courses. But firstly you have to complete your basic degree with one specialization.
Thanks Emmo Bhai my project on HRM
and i want to skip MGT 201
wiesay give me an other suggestion I am on job Oil and Gas
but could find very less time to study/understand
which should i choose B/W project or Internship
Sir g replied your this query on previous page.
You can drop these courses, however your burden of study in the next semester will increment. My suggestion is to select, at least PHY101, being a basic course, its preparation will benefit you at the time of preparing PHY301.
Salam .....thori c information aur guidenc chahey thi university walay to chup hen kuch nahi bta rahay. Mera programme ha mba 2 year old programme...now mera course complet ho gaya ha lekin cgpa kam ha so degree nahi mil skti 2.12 ha aur 2.3 required ha. mery 6 D grades subjects hen . kia agar me 5 subjects rakh k c grade m improve kar don to cgpa 2.3 tak aa jay ga ku ka me also doing job boht mushica se study chala rha hon.....koi bhai is baray me guide kar day.....boht meharbani hogi.