Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting assignment:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit (zero marks) if:
- The assignment is submitted after due date.
- The submitted assignment is other than .doc file.
- The submitted assignment does NOT open or file is corrupted.
- The assignment is copied (from other student or ditto copy from handouts or internet).
- For clarity and simplicity, you are required to Upload/Submit only .DOC file
- Copy/Paste your class diagram in your final MS Word (.doc) file if you are using any drawing tool (MS Paint, MS Visio etc).
The objective of this assignment is:
- To give you the idea of practical implementation of some of the OOP concepts like abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance, association, generalization, specialization, and UML class construction.
For any query about the assignment, contact at CS304@vu.edu.pk
Suppose there is a company “Zeta International” that is involved in export business of fruits from Pakistan to three continents Asia, Africa and Europe. Consider that the company is using several types of transport i.e. Land transport, Sea transport, and Air transport to carry goods. It uses Land and Sea transport from Pakistan to South East Asia, Middle East, Far East, and Africa. Furthermore, it uses sea and air transport for European countries. It also has cold rooms and halls available to rent in for customers’ small and large orders respectively.
The tasks you have to do are:
- Extract the main objects (entities) for above system.
- Find the necessary attributes and functions that need to be associated with each object (You are required to mention at most three attributes and one functions for a class).
- Identify the relationships between these objects.
- Construct a final comprehensive Class diagram showing all objects and their relationships along with their attributes and functions.
Important things to consider:
- As happens in real world that everyone visualizes a problem in a different way so the solutions of all students may vary based upon their own thinking, not taken from any source.
- You have to use standard UML notations for objects, classes, and their associations.
- Besides problem statement; objects, properties, and functions of a system can also be extracted from
- You have to use all concepts studied so far like abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance, association, generalization, and specialization wherever applicable.