We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

CS411-Visual Programming GDB Idea Solution...will be launched on January 28, 2016(28-January-2016) and will last for 48 hours only.

GDB Dated: Jan 22, 16

Dear Students!

Please Note that GDB of CS411 will be launched on January 28, 2016(28-January-2016) and will last for 48 hours only.

GDB Topic:

Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) provides developers with a unified programming model for building modern line-of-business desktop applications on Windows. It supports a broad set of application development features, including an application model, resources, controls, graphics, layout, data binding, documents, and security.

Windows forms on the other hand, provide a clear, object-oriented, extensible set of classes that enable you to develop rich Windows applications. Additionally, Windows Forms can act as the local user interface in a multi-tier distributed solution.

Based on various pros/cons of each and nature of the applications supported by these platforms, there is lot of ongoing debate between the communities supporting WPF and the others supporting Window forms.

So, being a developer, which platform you would like to adopt for future? Justify your answer with valid reasons.

Note: Try to provide precise, to the point answer and avoid irrelevant details.

For any query: CS411@vu.edu.pk

--

Instructor CS411.

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 1025

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Replies to This Discussion

Here is Idea Solution..

for winform

For a long time we’ve been using WinForms when it comes to building Desktop applications. WinForms provides access to the native Microsoft Windows interface elements by wrapping the existing Windows API in managed code. WPF on the other hand, is the new platform for Microsoft Windows application development, based on the .NET Framework. This framework provides a clear, object-oriented, extensible set of classes that enable you to develop rich Windows applications.

for wpf

Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is a user interface (UI) framework for building Windows client applications with immersive and intuitive user experiences. It is a subset of the Microsoft .NET Framework and was first introduced by Microsoft as part of .NET 3.0. It combines the application UI, 2D graphics, 3D graphics, documents, and multimedia into a single framework to help developers create rich and interactive applications.

Remember me in your prayers. 

Complete Idea Solution for both point of view...

Pros:

• Working with some controls, such as the RichTextBox, is much easier. Less work needs to be done for simple things, such as setting the rich text of the control.
  • Less customizability. This could be a con, but it is also a pro in the sense that you wouldn't spend as long designing an application since you can't customize its design quite as much.
  • Smaller memory footprint. In my experience, a WPF application takes up more RAM than its Windows Forms counterpart.

Cons:

• No markup language for design. This is huge because I can design my interfaces much more quickly by writing them out in code as opposed to setting variables via a properties window.

WPF

Pros:

• XAML for UI design. I love XAML because I can set up custom styles, code in the design of my application, and customize how controls look much easier than in Windows Forms.
  • UI modifications are much easier. Because WPF uses XAML, if I have all of the TextBoxes in my application tied to a particular style, I can just change the style, and every single TextBox will change accordingly. This, to my knowledge, is not possible in Windows Forms.

Cons:

• Applications take longer to design. While I can design the interface of my application more quickly in WPF, I tend to want to customize the look of controls. This might result in changing the template of the control, in which case I could spend hours getting the exact look and feel I want.
  • Bugs. I've found a few bugs (which I've reported) for which there are few to zero workarounds, and these hinder development progress. I can't say I've found a bug in Windows Forms.

Please Discuss here about this GDB.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions.

CS411 - Visual Programming GDB No. 1 Solution Fall 2015 Due Date January 29, 2016

CS411 - Visual Programming GDB No. 1 Solution Fall 2015 Due Date January 29, 2016

GDB Topic:

Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) provides developers with a unified programming model for building modern line-of-business desktop applications on Windows. It supports a broad set of application development features, including an application model, resources, controls, graphics, layout, data binding, documents, and security.

Windows forms on the other hand, provide a clear, object-oriented, extensible set of classes that enable you to develop rich Windows applications. Additionally, Windows Forms can act as the local user interface in a multi-tier distributed solution.

Based on various pros/cons of each and nature of the applications supported by these platforms, there is lot of ongoing debate between the communities supporting WPF and the others supporting Window forms.

So, being a developer, which platform you would like to adopt for future? Justify your answer with valid reasons.

The single most important difference between WinForms and WPF is the fact that while WinForms is simply a layer on top of the standard Windows controls (e.g. a TextBox), WPF is built from scratch and doesn't rely on standard Windows controls in almost all situations. This might seem like a subtle difference, but it really isn't, which you will definitely notice if you have ever worked with a framework that depends on Win32/WinAPI.

i think in long term we use Windows Form is in it?

I think, we need to select one out of these two options. and just explains the pros and cons of that .

I think, WPF would be the better option.

plz idea solutin koi bta dy.

RSS

Latest Activity

+ M.Tariq Malik replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion CHE201 Physical Chemistry Assignment No 01 Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion in the group CHE201 Physical Chemistry
5 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion CHE201 Physical Chemistry Assignment No 01 Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion in the group CHE201 Physical Chemistry
5 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik liked Ayaat's discussion cs 101 assignment solution fall 2019
8 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion CS101 Assignment No 01 Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion in the group CS101 Introduction to Computing
8 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion PSY101 Introduction to Psychology Assignment No 01 Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion in the group PSY101 Introduction to Psychology
11 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion MCM310 Journalistic Writing Assignment No 01 Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion in the group MCM310 Journalistic Writing
15 minutes ago
+ !! SARAH replied to ayesha's discussion CS607 Assignment No.1 Solution & Discussion Due Date: 15-11-2019 in the group CS607 Artificial Intelligence
17 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik liked + M.Tariq Malik's discussion MCM310 Journalistic Writing Assignment No 01 Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion
19 minutes ago
+ M.Tariq Malik added a discussion to the group MCM310 Journalistic Writing
20 minutes ago
+"Alan Walker"++ updated their profile
23 minutes ago
+"Alan Walker"++ posted a discussion
28 minutes ago
IRUM posted a status
"What's on your mind? Latest Happenings, and How Was Your Day?"
34 minutes ago
Profile IconAiman Tanzeel, Rahman Ali, Muhammad Ammar Hassan and 12 more joined Virtual University of Pakistan
34 minutes ago
Ayaat added 4 discussions to the group ENG301 Business Communication
35 minutes ago
Faheem Abbas joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
35 minutes ago
Ayaat liked + M.Tariq Malik's group CS101 Introduction to Computing
39 minutes ago
Ayaat liked Ayaat's discussion Make your date sheet
40 minutes ago
Ayaat added 3 discussions to the group Announcements:
40 minutes ago
Ayaat liked Ayaat's discussion Make your date sheet