For Important Helping Material related to this subject (Solved MCQs, Short Notes, Solved past Papers, E-Books, FAQ,Short Questions Answers & more). You must view all the featured Discussion in this subject group.
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
Exam CS604, Date: 24/08/2016
MCQs 40, 20% from past file
Subjective 12 questions
HR=80% (3 Marks)
Exam was a bit difficult for me; I hope it will be easy for y’all and all students pass the exam with shining grades Ameen
Best of luck
thnx for sharing
My yesterday's paper
1. what is dead lock prevention and explain how necessary condition be violated?
2. in unix system you are required to identify access modes and classes of user in order to implement file protection permissions
3. differentiate between page number ( p ) and page offset ( d )?
4. how operating sytem attack the "hold and wait " condition necessary for dead lock in order to solve the problem of dead lock.
5. can hard links be established between files that are on different system?
6. in semaphore P and V are termed for what?
my cs604 ppr....
hello guys here is complete solution of this stuff
CS604 Operating systems
2 marks questions
Difference between deadlock prevention and avoidance
Write semantic for TSL
Name the method that helps to control the page fault rate to prevent thrashing
Can we increase the speed of accessing page table by placing them in the main memory as compared to placing them in the CPU register?
3 marks questions
How the mapping of logic address space on to the physical address space is possible?
Is it necessary to have a reference count within a file descriptor in order to implement soft links?
Methods for handling deadlocks
5 marks question
Out of primary and secondary storage when memory is best suited to store a program and execute that program
Steps of page replacement
Write algorithms that stores two variables among processes
Is disk I/O to swap space generally faster than file system. Justify
Guys agr kisi ka paper past m say ata he to kindly wo file b upload kr diya krain. Thnks