We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

Assignment No. 04
Semester: Fall 2013
System Programming-CS609

Total Marks: 20

Due Date: 10/Feb/2014

Graded Assignment

Instructions:                           

Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:

• You will submit your assignment before or on due date on VU-LMS.
  • Assignment should be completed by your own efforts it should not be copied from internet, handouts or books.
  • You should submit your .doc File via assignment interface at VU-LMS.
  • Assignment sent via Email will not be replied and accepted in any case.
  • If the submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt, it will not be marked.
  • You will submit solution only in document (.doc or .docx) File.

Objectives:

To understand the Disk File Structures and real problems.

For any query about the assignment, contact at cs609@vu.edu.pk

Assignment Questions

A request before solving it:

Dear Student,

This is very easy assignment which requires only the implementation of a given scenario. This implementation will build your understanding of real mode and protected mode limitations more clearly. So, do not paste your solution from any kind of source. Just do and describe the solution in steps if possible. Otherwise describes the reasons of No answer shortly.

Question:                                                                                                                               Marks 20     

Question:

Ahwas installed 64 bit operating system on his PC. Unfortunately, his system crashed and could not boot even in the safe mode. He has two equal partitions of his 120 GB hard drive. He has an important data on his secondary partition. He has a DOS bootable USB drive with FAT16 structure. Is it possible for Ahwas to access his important DATA from hard drive and copy to USB drive through available DOS bootable drive? Give logical reason for your answer.

Note: Google the different possibilities for the given scenario assuming that it happen with you. Implement all founded possibilities on your system then suggest a feasible solution for Ahwas within steps. You also can use any other utility within the scenario limitations.

ð     Contact through Skype or email for any other query.

BEST OF LUCK

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 9440

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

FAT - File Allocation Table - used to keep track of where file information is located on memory device. FAT allocates clusters on the memory device for storing information 

The 16 in FAT16 indicates the number of bits for the file allocation table. FAT16 creates 2 to the power 16 clusters. Best for memory 200 MB or less 

FAT32 uses 32-bit file allocation table but 4 bits are reserved so it has 2 to the power 28 clusters. FAT32 can support memory 2097152 MB (max.) 

NTFS - New Technology File System has improved reliability, security and access control, size barriers, storage efficiency, and use of long file names in an OS (operating system) as compared to FAT

now,how can we write it in steps?

According to my knowledge,

FAT16 does not support secondary partition more than 2 GB. FAT16 was introduced for older pc's. When HD is of small capacity. Other than this as Ahwas has 64 bit system which is also not compatible with FAT 16. So he can't access data using FAT16.

He can access data in only the way if he makes his USB drive bootable by fomatting it in FAT32 or NTFS....

Wot u ALL says....? 

FAT16 is used for small data, not for this type of usage data. yes RAja Ahmed you are rite.

RaJa AhMeD,

but we are using ms dos to copy the desired data into our USB drive, so there is no problem to copy the data from 60GB secondary hard drive partition, our main purpose is to copy data, if we have 4GB usb drive with FAT16 system so it does not effect on data.

so in my view of point we can do this thing with very easy manner.

if i have 64-bit operating system then i can easily this task............

dear it is possible to copy data in usb drive  from hard drive with fat 16 but no more 2 gb. here in assignment hard drive  is in equal 2partition of  120 gb.then how can ahwaas copy ur data. i think he will copy ur 1st 2 Gb then next 2gb so on..... hahhaa is it possible AbdulRauf????

please clear.

there is only 1day left for substion

not possible because u cont mount any media more than 2 GB capacity if can not mount u can not read/ write execute.

why Usb 2GB Required ?

we can't do this things in 64 bit operating system, although there is usage capicity of hard drive,

Yes, Is it possible for Ahwas to access his important DATA from hard drive and copy to USB drive through available DOS bootable drive . Because when any kind of virus or windows problem, you can boot from boot able cd and then perform ms dos commands to copy your data into your usb drive. just like

c:\> copy myfile.dba f:\myfiles
the above dos command copy the myfile.dba into f: drive's folder myfile

tell me how can we make boot able usb drive with FAT16 structure

i tried my self to make bootable usb with fat16 structure but im unable to do this because only fat32 or NTFS are available, now a day fat16 is not using.

so how can i make bootable usb with fat16 structure????????????????????

RSS

© 2020   Created by +M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service