We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

Assignment No. 04
Semester: Fall 2013
System Programming-CS609

Total Marks: 20

Due Date: 10/Feb/2014

Graded Assignment

Instructions:                           

Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:

• You will submit your assignment before or on due date on VU-LMS.
  • Assignment should be completed by your own efforts it should not be copied from internet, handouts or books.
  • You should submit your .doc File via assignment interface at VU-LMS.
  • Assignment sent via Email will not be replied and accepted in any case.
  • If the submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt, it will not be marked.
  • You will submit solution only in document (.doc or .docx) File.

Objectives:

To understand the Disk File Structures and real problems.

For any query about the assignment, contact at cs609@vu.edu.pk

Assignment Questions

A request before solving it:

Dear Student,

This is very easy assignment which requires only the implementation of a given scenario. This implementation will build your understanding of real mode and protected mode limitations more clearly. So, do not paste your solution from any kind of source. Just do and describe the solution in steps if possible. Otherwise describes the reasons of No answer shortly.

Question:                                                                                                                               Marks 20     

Question:

Ahwas installed 64 bit operating system on his PC. Unfortunately, his system crashed and could not boot even in the safe mode. He has two equal partitions of his 120 GB hard drive. He has an important data on his secondary partition. He has a DOS bootable USB drive with FAT16 structure. Is it possible for Ahwas to access his important DATA from hard drive and copy to USB drive through available DOS bootable drive? Give logical reason for your answer.

Note: Google the different possibilities for the given scenario assuming that it happen with you. Implement all founded possibilities on your system then suggest a feasible solution for Ahwas within steps. You also can use any other utility within the scenario limitations.

ð     Contact through Skype or email for any other query.

BEST OF LUCK

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 9440

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

yes, it is possible to access data from HD via DOS bootable drive by converting LSN of that HD(sectors) into LBA.

GDB is must because 5% marks are reserved for this.

sub dosto se request hai ap log ak bar assignment ko gor se parh len.

He has two equal partitions of his 120 GB hard drive.

this means C: drive has 60 GB  and D: drive has 60 GB

He has an important data on his secondary partition.

it means important data in drive D: which is 60 GB

He has a DOS bootable USB drive with FAT16 structure.

it means dos bootable usb that support system to start in dos mod where we can copy only important data not 60 GB data

Is it possible for Ahwas to access his important DATA from hard drive and copy to USB drive through available DOS bootable drive? 

Yes, dear friends is very easy to access the secondary drive data as well as primary drive data, in dos there is no restriction to access or copy the data into USB drive.

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

DOS Not Support NTFs files system ?

64bit system run on long protected mode so ?

Assalam-o-Alaikum! السلام عليكم

Dear Please Explain me i am not correct.

Why We need format or partition of 120GB HDD if Instructor clear state that he have two equally 60 X60 disk just windows not booting.(formatted) not raw data disk

So we need just access 120GB hard disk 2nd partition for copying data from dos based f16 formatted USB DRIVE.

we dont need to format or partition, it is given by the instructor that we have two equal 120GB drive, 

or bahi jan is senerio me apka system crashed ho gaya hai, yani uski windows ki files currupt or crashed ho chuki hen, jab windows crashed ho jati hai to ap windows ya safe mode pe bhi apna system run nahi kar sakte, 

jab system run nahi ho raha to jo drive D: me humara data para howa hai, hum chahte hen us data ko usb drive me copy kar ke save kar len, ab agr wo data NTFS file system ka ho ya FA32 system ka, ye koi issue nahi hai. hume wo data copy karana hai,

apne jawab me likhna hai k ap data copy kar sakte ho ya nahi.

dear, you dont need to open any file like NTFS or FAT32 or any, we just have to copy these files on usb drive

ntfs not supported in dos file system so drive not mounted in this case.

we are enable to mount c: d: so how can  use copy command in dos base?

ye hi me clear kr rahi hun repected sir AbdulRauf AGR FAT 32 ya NTFS use krna ha to phr wo seeda window kre data copy krlay hme in chakro me nahi parhna. baat sirf ye ha k use data copy krna ha na to FAT 16 change ho skta us ki jga FAT 32 or NTFS etc aa skta ha is k elava systm crash ki soort me agr koi b utility use kr skta ha to wo kr k data copy kre

mera nahi kheyal k agr ap k pc me dos k sath  fat 16 ha to koi possiblty ha han partitions ho skti hn  wo b c...z equal to 2 gb  lakin agr systm crash ha to wo b kese ho skti hn.........    wot u say about it

how to copy these files on usb drive

also read this line, after that you will be able to solve this very easy assignment.

Ahwas installed 64 bit operating system on his PC. Unfortunately, his system crashed and could not boot even in the safe mode.

it means system has crashed, so there is no system either 32-bit nor 64 -bit, then we dont need to think about system configurations like system is xp, windows 7 or whatever.

RSS

© 2020   Created by +M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service