Intended Readers: All students who are taking new project in CS619 in Fall 2021.
Dear Students, You can submit custom project proposals if you want to do the projects other than the offered projects. Make sure you read the following contents very carefully:
NOTE: Submitting a custom project proposal is not mandatory.
You need to fill a Google Form to submit custom project proposal. Its link is given at the end of this announcement, you must make sure to first sign out of all Gmail accounts in your browser, then only sign in from your VU student email account, then access it, otherwise you will not be able to access it, and you will be responsible for any issues/rejection of your custom project proposal submission.
You can submit maximum 2 custom project proposals.
You shall make sure you submit the Google form carefully and properly at first attempt as there is no edit/update option.
The last date to submit custom project proposal is: 29 NOV 2021.
On 29th NOV 2021, the form will be closed anytime and no further submissions will be considered, so make sure you take action properly. A committee will review the proposals to decide about acceptance or rejection of each project proposal. Expected date of custom project proposal evaluation is 3rd Dec 2021. Students will be informed via Email about it. The decision of the evaluation committee will be final.
- It is compulsory to follow the template for submission of project proposal and this template can be downloaded from here.
- Idea should be innovative for the custom projects.
- Traditional custom project proposal on which a lot of work is done already, will be rejected straight forward.
- Project similar to offered projects by CS619 will be rejected and student will be responsible for any issue in the project.
- In case of two members, only one member shall submit custom project proposal.
- VU will not provide any hardware or any other cost related to your project.
- Preference will be given to the project proposals targeting modern systems such as IoT, AI, Embedded Systems etc.
- In addition to sending custom project proposal, you shall also select a project from offered projects to ensure your project selection (for offered projects check relevant CS619 announcements).
- In case of custom project proposal acceptance, you will finally be allotted the accepted custom project proposal. And any default project selection will be removed.
- Only use your vu student email id for official email communication with the university. Which means you should send/receive such emails after logging onto gmail.vu.edu.pk with your student id. So if you will use your personal email id the submission will be discarded/ignored.
- It is not mandatory to submit a custom project proposal. So, do it only if you have a creative, non-copied, and unique idea.
- Some students submit a custom project proposal that is actually a project from offered projects, so it will be rejected.
- Submitting a custom project proposal via Email is NOT allowed so any such submission will be discarded/ignored.
- Check the flow chart given in following link to completely understand project selection procedure.
Make sure you have read all of the above information properly, its better to read it again before submitting your custom project proposal.
Click Here to fill Google form for your Custom Project Proposal Submission.