Test Development and Evaluation (EDU 431)
Assignment 2 (Fall 2019)
Total Marks: 20
Late assignment will not be accepted.
• If the file is corrupt or problematic, it will be awarded zero.
• Plagiarism will never be tolerated. Plagiarism occurs when a student uses work done by someone else as if it was his or her own; however, taking the ideas from different sources and expressing them in your own words will be encouraged.
• No assignment will be accepted via e-mail.
• The file should be in Word document form, the font color should be preferably black and font size should be 12 Times New Roman.
Q1: Develop five extended response questions keeping in view the guideline for developing these questions. (2 * 5 = 10 marks)
Note: you have to select any one subject of elementary/secondary level to answer question 1. Mention the subject and topic you have selected in the start of your answer.
Guidelines for constructing restricted response essay type items
1. Frame questions so that the examinee’s task is explicitly defined.
2. Specify the value and an approximate time limit for each question.
3. Prepare a tentative scoring key in advance of considering examinee responses.
4. Make prior decisions regarding treatment of such factors as spelling and punctuation.
Q2. Differentiate between Classical Test Theory and Item response Theory of item analysis. (2*5 = 10 marks)