Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

Business Communication (ENG301)

Assignment 3 (Spring 2014)

Total Marks: 15

Objective:

• The assessment of students’ understanding of different concepts of ‘Business Communication’ and how they can apply their conceptual knowledge in daily life examples

Instructions:

• Late assignments will not be accepted.
  • If the file is corrupt or problematic, it will be marked zero.
  • Plagiarism will NOT be tolerated. Plagiarism occurs when a student uses work done by someone else as if it was his or her own; however, taking the ideas from different sources and expressing them in your own words will be encouraged.
  • No assignment will be accepted via e-mail.
  • The solution file should be in Word document format; the font color should be preferably black and font size should be 12 Times New Roman.

Q1. You purchase a stylish calculator watch, Model C469, which has a musical alarm that you really like. The watch comes with a warranty that guarantees material and workmanship for one year. After six months of use, the musical alarm quits working. You have your original sales receipt and the warranty. Write a claim letter to the company manager, to mail it with the watch, requesting that it should either be repaired or replaced. The manufacturer of the watch is Pakistan Watch works Limited, 111 Hill Street, Liaquat Town, Lahore.   (Note: Students are required to follow full block format of letter writing.)                                                                                                                                                                      10

Q2. Read the situation given below which represents Win-Win Negotiation Strategy. Convert this negotiation into lose – lose strategy.                                                         5

Spouse A: I didn't cook anything tonight. I thought we would go out.

Spouse B: I'm exhausted. We had a terrible day today, and I have to be in the office early tomorrow to continue this program review we are doing.

Spouse A: It's the same old story. Always exhausted.  Always busy.

Spouse B: You're right. We need more fun. But tomorrow really is important. Just give me a break this one time, and we will go out Saturday, and do that more often; any Saturday you want.

Spouse A: That sounds like a deal.

Views: 3768

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

waqaee second part ka answer bat day akoi plz

OK guys and girls, for second question answer I think we have to add few more dialogues. Try to understand the scenario of the dialogue.

Let's suppose, Spouse A is wife and Spouse B is Husband. Now we have to convert this win - win negotiation into lose – lose strategy.

Remember couple fights? 

We can add few more lines at the end of dialogue. 

For example:

Spouse A: You really don't care about me.

Spouse B: Sorry I can't change your thinking.

I gave this example so you can understand how to convert win into lose strategy. I am not sure my answer is correct but that's all I could understand abt the 2nd question.

Please share your views and opinions. By http://vustudents.ning.com/profile/Juste

thank u so much for the clue :)

No problem sahar iqbal

By the way ... 2nd ques married students ziada achy tareeqy se solve Kr skty Han 

well said 

Lol Mehak 

Q.2 clearly discuss kro frnds 

Lose-lose means that all parties end up being worse off and both sides perceive the outcome as negative. In this strategy, after the negotiations fail and both parties blame each other or get no benefit or may be not satisfy. In simple words, neither party gets what it wants....

:-)

Correct SuNsHiNe 

For 2nd Ques i m giving you some idea .. you can add the following lines at the end of this negotiation

Spouse A: you really don't care about me

Spouse B: I can't change your thinking

Win-lose strategy

Result in the party who initiates the conflict being satisfied and the other dissatisfied. This strategy focuses on the initiator’s problem to the exclusion of the other’s.  The initiator wins.  Many people who adopt this strategy use a confusing presentation or a dominating style of speech and body movement. This invites the other side to be just as difficult, or to withdraw from conflict.

RSS

Looking For Something? Search Below

Top Trends 

1 memon

memon

Latest Activity

© 2022   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service