We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

PROBLEM:

Mr. Ali, the production manager of XYZ Company, wants to use a Moving-Average method to forecast the future demand; but not sure whether a 3-period moving-average would yield better forecasts or a 4-period moving-average!

The demand data of last 12 months have been given in following table:

Month

Demand (1000 SKUs)

You are required to suggest Mr. Ali a more suitable forecasting method by calculating and analyzing:

1. 3-period moving average forecasts for months 4 – 12 and its Mean Absolute Deviation (MAD)
  2. 4-period moving average forecasts for months 5 – 12 and its Mean Absolute Deviation (MAD)

NOTE:

• Show the forecasts along with necessary calculations in tabular form.
  • Compare MAD for both methods and clearly mention your suggested method.
  • You may solve the problem in MS Excel and copy-paste the table in GDB comments.

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:

• Your discussion must be based on calculations.
  • The GDB will open and close at above specified date and time. Please note that no grace day or extra time will be given for posting comments on GDB.
  • Your answer should be relevant to the topic i.e. no definitions & theoretical explanations are required.
  • Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical/ copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
  • Books, websites and other reading material may be consulted before posting your comments; but copying or reproducing the text from books, websites and other reading materials is strictly prohibited. Such comments will be marked as Zero (0) even if you provide references.
  • Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
  • You cannot participate in the discussion after the due date via email.
  • Questions/ queries related to the content of the GDB posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the GDB is open.

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 889

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Replies to This Discussion

Go to lecture 9 and 10 for correct solution. Thanks

Please Discuss here about this GDB.Thanks

Our main purpose here discussion not just Solution

We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning and do not appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Note:-

For Important Helping Material related to this subject (Solved MCQs, Short Notes, Solved past Papers, E-Books, FAQ,Short Questions Answers & more). You must view all the featured Discussion in this subject group.

For how you can view all the Featured discussions click on the Back to Subject Name Discussions link below the title of this Discussion & then under featured Discussion corner click on the view all link.

Or visit this link 

Click Here For Detail.

&

.•°How to Download past papers from study groups°•.

Please Click on the below link to see…

.... How to Find Your Subject Study Group & Join .... 

help

amaya khan plz read lecture 9 and 10 with full concentration. If u have any problem m here for ur help thanks

kindly check n correct plz

Attachments:

apka wrong hai 1000 skus b to hai

Plzz check this solution and correct ur self. thanks 

Attachments:

Attachments:

error= actual forcasts ye amount kese find krni he

az1987 jo apl pass demand ha skus ki us mei sy 3 or 4 moths ki moring average to minas krna ha,

like= 25,000 is actual - 19666.66 forcast = 5333.34 error 

Rana HM Kamran Mistake No.1 = 4 MPA mein 22000 nhi 2250 OK, Mistake No 2 = Name Ali not Ahsan 

RSS

Latest Activity

+ ՏhehαrZααD + replied to + ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !'s discussion روح کے زخم
21 minutes ago
+ ՏhehαrZααD + liked 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ............. ایک تلخ حقیقت..........
25 minutes ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R replied to 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ............. ایک تلخ حقیقت..........
1 hour ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R replied to + ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !'s discussion روح کے زخم
1 hour ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R liked + ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !'s discussion روح کے زخم
1 hour ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R liked +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion عزت وہ ہے جس میں ہمارا قلب مطمئن ہوتا ہے
1 hour ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R replied to + sílєnzíσ's discussion If fb, google nd youtube would have been subjects..... !!!!!!!!!!!!
1 hour ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R replied to 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ............. ایک تلخ حقیقت..........
1 hour ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R liked 彡JK彡 ❤️'s discussion ............. ایک تلخ حقیقت..........
1 hour ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R replied to +++STUDENT+++'s discussion Bya namaz
1 hour ago
+ ! ✨ ░S░I░N░G░E░R liked ++!!! Drama Queen's discussion !!!!!!!!!!!!!! KOn hay GALAT.............??????
1 hour ago
saniya gul joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
4 hours ago
4 hours ago
4 hours ago
4 hours ago
4 hours ago
Mahim Ch replied to + M.Tariq Malik's discussion VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Any Profile On the Site
5 hours ago
Hadi updated their profile
6 hours ago
彡JK彡 ❤️ liked +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion عزت وہ ہے جس میں ہمارا قلب مطمئن ہوتا ہے
6 hours ago
+ M.Tariq Malik liked + M.Tariq Malik's discussion 111 Solved MCQs of Financial Management MGT201
7 hours ago

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service