We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Files Upload Here.

Let suppose you are hired as a Database Administrator (DBA) for a renowned IT service provider company with a task that you are required to choose any one from the given options Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL in order to manage data about 5000 employees and its related transactions.

Its also one of the main requirement of the company to secure data as much as possible.

Highlight with very solid points (not more than 5) which RDBMS is more appropriate from your point of view.

Note: you can take help from internet but the posted data should be in your own words

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 4272

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Replies to This Discussion

I will go with MS SQL server

My SQL can not be a good for this company as you mention in disadvantages of MY SQL.

mujhay b MS SQL server hi best lag raha hai...

zain mahmood 

Can u please tell me you are going with SQL or MY SQL?

which one is better can any one guide ???

Well,I think each and every technology out there is available to cater for some specific scenarios.We do not expect MYSQL to serve as a solution to each and every business need

Advantages of MySQL over Oracle :

MySQL is characterised as a fast, robust database with a good feature set, but one which lacks all the extras of something like Oracle ... so if you're writing code that's designed to be portable it's a pretty good choice. Admin / security are effective but the setup of these and othe features isn't over-complicated. All in all, a pretty good choice for many "middle of the road" requirements.

MySQL is characterised as a free, fast, reliable open source relational database. It does lack some sophistication and facilities, but it has an active development team and, as it goes from release to release, more capabilities are added. At certain times there will be a trade-off between speed and capabilities, and the MySQL team intend to keep their database engine fast and reliable. 

Advantages of Oracle over MySQL :

Oracle is much versatile than MySQL. Oracle can run and handle more transactions than MysQL. Oracle would be better if you are going to have lots of db usage.

I've used MySQL. Only for a forum. Still, MySQL takes up resources with PHP that affected the server load. Oracle on the other hand is better with memory leaks and handles multiple threads. You can do SQL Transactions, stored procedures, DTS in Oracle that you can not do in MySQL earlier versions.

Oracle is expensive, although they came out with Oracle Free Edition to attract MySQL users.

MySQL users enjoy this database because it is available on virtually all hosting companies. Oracle are only limited to large corporations due to licencing costs and not all hosting companies have Oracle (they might have SQL Server, but not Oracle).

You can make billions of data with MySQL, but it will be slow on the server. In addition, backing up the MySQL database takes forever, versus Oracle's tools which makes database backup a cinch.

If you are going to use MySQL, then add lots of memory. In addition, I recommend that you seperate the Website from the database. In other words, have emails and website on a seperate server and only have a dedicated MySQL server specific to mysql/db only.

MySQL is Free, It's everwhere, that's the whole concept!!!

I think Oracle is best RDMS out of Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL. Anyone agree please comments.

1-Oracle can store large  data records  , Mysql  can but it is slow.

2- Oracle is good recovery manager , Mysql is not good at this level.

Whats about MS SQL server? 

SQL server is better than Mysql , sql is new world technology and very effective for any type of organization. Now the complication is between SQL server and oracle. Oracle is less effective if comparing with SQL server. 

Dear Student,

At any point of time Oracle for sure is NOT less effective compared to SQL server and Oracle for sure much powerful than SQL, but we need to answer according to the requirement of this company. Both systems can handle billions of records. Yes answer should be one of these 2 but we need to justify our answer. Why don't we post each of us at least one point in favour of his/her choice. In the end there will be enough points to support our decision. Here's my first vote:

Oracle: Can easily handle data of 5000 employees and all the related transactions to them.

RSS

Latest Activity

+ ! ! ! ! Mehαr Mαh꧂ liked + M.Tariq Malik's discussion PSY101 Introduction to Psychology Assignment No 01 Fall 2019 Solution & Discussion
11 minutes ago
+¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ posted discussions
18 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! Mehαr Mαh꧂ replied to + ! ! ! ! Mehαr Mαh꧂'s discussion Assignment #1 MCM511 Theories of Communication fall 2019 in the group MCM511 Theories of Communication
36 minutes ago
+¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ replied to +¢αяєℓєѕѕ gιяℓ's discussion Mera tu Mohabbat se aitbar.............:-P
41 minutes ago
+ ! ! ! ! Mehαr Mαh꧂ liked + ! ! ! ! Mehαr Mαh꧂'s discussion Assignment #1 MCM511 Theories of Communication fall 2019
43 minutes ago
+ Iuuoɔǝut + posted discussions
1 hour ago
彡JK彡 ❤️ replied to Aijaz khan's discussion CS510 Assignment Fall 2019 Need Solution
3 hours ago
彡JK彡 ❤️ liked Aijaz khan's discussion CS510 Assignment Fall 2019 Need Solution
3 hours ago
Aijaz khan posted a discussion
5 hours ago
HaMza Tufail added a discussion to the group CS519 Final Project
6 hours ago
HaMza Tufail joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
6 hours ago
Fatima joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
8 hours ago
Adnan Hafeez replied to MIT's discussion Visual Programing (CS411) Assignment#01 Deadline Date = 18-11-2019 in the group CS411 Visual Programming
8 hours ago
Shine--Ex-VUStudent liked ١ دن's discussion زندگی گزارنے کا فارمولا
8 hours ago
HaMza Tufail added a discussion to the group CS420 Web Development for Portable Devices
8 hours ago
HaMza Tufail updated their profile
9 hours ago
١ دن replied to + Iuuoɔǝut +'s discussion بعد مُدت اُسے دیکھا، لوگو
9 hours ago
HaMza Tufail joined + M.Tariq Malik's group
9 hours ago
Biya liked + Iuuoɔǝut +'s discussion بعد مُدت اُسے دیکھا، لوگو
9 hours ago
Biya liked UMER UMER's discussion images111.jpg
9 hours ago

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by