We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

Let suppose you are hired as a Database Administrator (DBA) for a renowned IT service provider company with a task that you are required to choose any one from the given options Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL in order to manage data about 5000 employees and its related transactions.

Its also one of the main requirement of the company to secure data as much as possible.

Highlight with very solid points (not more than 5) which RDBMS is more appropriate from your point of view.

Note: you can take help from internet but the posted data should be in your own words

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 4288

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Replies to This Discussion

gud work nabila

SQL Server and Oracle is different. SQL Server will allow reads, and writes can block reads in MS SQL (Again, it's configurable but the default in SQL Server is for performance and not read consistency, unlike Oracle where read consistency is default and unbendable.

My opinion

SQL server is a best ...................

agr SQL server sy best koi or language hoti to hamain wo learn krwi jati na k sql 

Oracle is the world's most popular database primarily because it runs on every platform known, from a mainframe to a Mac.  MS-SQL on the other hand, is a Windows-only offering.  Both SQL Server and Oracle are relational databases, but it is their genealogy that tells about their core differences:

• SQL Server:  MS-SQL grew-up running tiny, departmental applications on personal computers.  Microsoft is trying to "push up" into the mainstream market, running SQL Server on super-large servers that run Windows.

• Oracle:  Oracle is a mature database with a decade head-start on MSSQL in terms of specialized features.  While SQL Server has tried to "push up" into the Corporate database market, Oracle has made "simplified" releases of Oracle (i.e. Oracle XE) to "push down" into the realm of departmental computing to complete with MS-SQL.
  • i think oracle is best.......
  • am right or wrong

Oracle is the best option for storing large amount of data and from security point of view.

i am comming again with a different logic. Banday ko jo kam ata ho wo he banda behtar kar saqta hay kun k mujay sirg MS Sql Server main kam karna ata hay bhai main to us ko he prefer kron ga.

plz dont copy paste it is my decision. write about yours

I shall prefer SQL Server because I know more about it then other RDBMS.

• Easy to use and it have ability to create big databases
  • Easy tools and commands for accessing data from database
  • Easy to make tables, queries, reports, mathematical process etc.
  • Adding and getting data speed is very fast
  • It is good for security point of view
  • We can store and manage a lot of data using SQL Server

dear question ko understand kren us lihaz se oracle is best .

Tell me the final answer? which one is best?

@ Nabila ch

han ji wohi hai suitable kiun k sir nay kaha hai k main requirement of the company to secure data as much as possible...

aur Microsoft SQL Server is best for security purpose...

Oracle is still living in the old days where everything is a good ole boys club. This is the world of Linux and Unix where they started, and it's a dinosaur, man. You just can't afford to do business like that anymore. You have to open up your community and start programs to encourage your best people to help and teach.

If you take any 10 DBAs from each side and ask them to look up a solution to a problem on their platform, the SQL guys will find the answer much faster than the Oracle guys will. And that's just a fact. If you're looking on specifics on how Oracle works internally, it's almost impossible to ferret out the info, but with SQL, there are so many open resources it's just a matter of a few minutes to an answer.So the real difference between these two platforms is community. Microsoft has gone to great lengths to build a community and really support it. And Oracle is still doing business the old way. 

i will go for SQL :)

< Please do not copy its my first attempt to discuss it with u all... >>>>>>>>

In my opinion Microsoft SQL Server seems suited best due to the following advantages over Oracle and MySQL

1. SQL Server have a lower license cost when compared to Oracle but MySQL is open source in this case.
  2.  It is more secure than Oracle and MySQL.
  3. Increasingly, SQL Server is regarded as one of the fastest and most scalable database systems available, and there are numerous scalability improvements in this release.
  4. It has more management tools than Oracle and MySQL.
  5. Easy to use and has good interface than Oracle and MySQL.

Special thanks to miss nabila's research... i vote for MS SQL server.

Oracle transaction ko support karti hai( means ke us mai data transaction ki soorat mai enter hota hai). SQL mai aasa nhai hota is liye oracle he final an ho ga to the given situation.

RSS

© 2020   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service