GDB: It has been observed that many youngsters select those domains which are not in accordance with their aptitude. This wrong selection does not let them excel in their careers. What do you think how a counselor may help these youngsters to become successful professional in their lives?
Solution: A counselor can actually help such youngsters by knowing their interests and guide the about the right direction. They work with people who have questions about different careers and educational paths. By working with these professionals, career seekers can make the most of the planning and decision-making process and hopefully find a job path that is perfect for their needs. A counselor in such a scenario, performs a range of duties, including the following: • Administer personality and interest inventories
• Use achievement and aptitudes tests to help clients get a better idea of what they are good at
• Counsel clients who are considering a career change
• Evaluate clients educational and work backgrounds in order to help them determine what they need to do next to achieve their goals
• Advise students about what courses and educational programs they need for particular careers
• Help clients select the right schools or programs for their needs
• Help students locate sources of financial support to pay for school and other training programs
• Teach and practice jobs skills such as interviewing, résumé writing, and networking
• Aid clients in the job search process by teaching them where to look for open positions and connecting them with job search resources
We are user-generated contents site. All product, videos, pictures & others contents on vustudents.ning.com don't seem to be beneath our Copyrights & belong to their respected owners & freely available on public domains. We believe in Our Policy & do according to them. If Any content is offensive in your Copyrights then please email at email@example.com or Contact us at contact Page with copyright detail & We will happy to remove it immediately.