ue date: January 18, 2016
Topic: SMEs & Globalization
Objective of the activity
The prime objective of this discussion is to familiarize the students with the significance and impact of globalization on SME sector.
After attempting this activity, students will be able to:
1. Comprehend the significance of globalization for enterprises.
2. Students become familiar to know the impact of globalization on Gem & Jewelry sector.
The SME enterprises in Pakistan are contributing over 30% to the GDP and considered as back bone of the economy, due to a numerous job creation opportunities for the masses. Development and promotion of SME’s become inevitable for all government to foster the economic growth. Government of Pakistan is also undertaking the policy revision and advancing in improving the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
SME sector in Pakistan is facing two tiers of problems, including both locally (Law & order situation, Power cuts, Inconsistency of policies, competition from local vendors, Lack of proper IT skills etc.) and internationally (Technology update, information update, abolition of quota and Implementation of WTO policies, globalization etc.).
The Two emerging trends that are dramatically shaping the nature of business are induction of Information technology (Computers, Telecommunication) and Globalization. The emergence of ICT (Information & Communication Technology) has drastically reduced distances and turned the world into a small village and it also intensifies the competition among them. An entrepreneur has to face all these challenges to be competitive in market.
Gem & Jewelry is one of the emerging sector in Pakistan and has a considerable portion in the exports as well. It is mostly carried out by using finest raw material, magnificent hand craftsmanship and efficient technique along with skillful marketing techniques with efficient use of Information technology and by crafting the consumer tastes into reality.
Point of Discussion
In your opinion how Information Technology and globalization would affect the Gem & Jewelry sector in Pakistan. Enlist any five arguments to support your answer.
The total marks of this discussion are 5 Avoid irrelevant text/material and lengthy discussion; be precise and stick to the topic.
For acquiring the relevant knowledge, do not rely only on handouts but watch the course video lectures and read additional material available online or in any other mode.
· Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
· The GDB will open and close at above specified date and time. Please note that no grace day or extra time will be given for posting comments on GDB.
· Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
· Your answer should be relevant to the topic i.e. clear and concise.
· Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
· Books, websites and other reading material may be consulted before posting your comments; but copying or reproducing the text from books, websites and other reading materials is strictly prohibited. Such comments will be marked as Zero (0) even if you provide references.
· You should post your answer on the Graded Discussion Board (GDB), not on the Moderated Discussion Board (MDB). Both will run parallel to each other during the time specified above. Therefore, due care will be needed.
· Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
· You cannot participate in the discussion after the due date via email.
· Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
· For planning your semester activities in an organized manner, you are advised to view schedule of upcoming Assignments, Quizzes and GDBs in the overview tab of the course website on VU-LMS.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Pre Mid-Term semester activities have been started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country now a days. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
Replies are closed for this discussion.
ap abi hain main to apki bariyani kahny ky chkr main
apka ya subj ha ?
fir hun GDB v do jaiy subj ha ty
mjhy to ye smjh nai aa rai k is gdb ma kya btana ha?????? plz koi btaye k kya likhna ha is ma???
dear btana kya ha???ar kya points likhnay han ya detaile???
Dimpi beta tusi kuch kita ha ya nai bs mari v tori c help kro points bata do
you are requested to please upload study related discussion in relevant subject group.