1. For Degree Requirements approximately 2.3 Grade is Necessary (MCS/MIT/MBA/BS/BA). Otherwise degree will not be rewarded.The student less CGPA (Less than 2.3) Will have to improve some subjects having less grade (D,F,or other less grade subjects).
2. For special Certificate Courses Like PGD Diplomas 2.0 CGPA is Required. All the credit hours should be complete. Otherwise a student having less CGPA (Less than 2.0) Will have to improve some subjects having less grade (D,F,or other less grade subjects).
For D Grade and F Grade
3. The student having D grade in any subject of his course can revise his/her D grade Subject only once. No other chance will be given.
4. The improvement of D grade subject depends upon student. It is not necessary to improve D grade. If a student wants to improve D grade subject then he/she can improve only once. No second chance will be given. If you dont want to imporve D grade and your CGPA is according to Degree requirement (2.3 in case of MCS/MIT/MBA/BS/BA and 2.0 in case of Diploma) then you can go with D grade no need to improve it. Its Ok.
5. F grade subjects (Less then 40 percent) are necessary to improve. Without improving it your degree will not be issued.
How many subjects you can choose per semester
6. In 1st and 2nd Semester of MCS/MIT/MBA you can choose only 6 Subjects per semester. But in 3rd semester you can choose 7 subjects and in 4th semester you can choose 9 subjects. So if you have any D or F grade subject in previous subject you can pick it in your 3rd or 4th semester.
To become Eligible for Final Project
7. To be eligible for Final project CS619 /Fin619 or other final projects. The CGPA required is 1.75. A student having 1.75 CGPA can choose his/her final project in 3rd semester and 10/12 credit hours must be completed in 2 semesters (MCS/MIT/MBA). A student having credit hours less than 10 and CGPA Less than 1.75 can not choose Final project. He/she will have to improve CGPA to become eligible. Final Project is of 6 credit hours and consists of 2 semesters. It consists of 5 documents totally.
1. SRS (Software Requirement Specification)
2. MWP(Methodology & Workplan)
3. D1( Design 1 Phase)
4. D2( Design2 Phase)
5. Final Deliverables( Coding + Final Report + Powerpoint Slides)
All the documents are needed to be accepted by (Marked as Complete) your Project Manager.
The Final project is of 100 marks 75 marks are of documents and 25 marks are of VIVA/Presentation. You will have to appear before VIVA Panel. they will decide to approve you final project or not. Marks of Final Project Will be given by VIVA panel and these marks will be included in Final grade (Must be 2.3 in VIVA)
CGPA Required for VIVA/Presentation
8. For degree requirements your VIVA/Presentation should be clear Maximum CGPA in VIVA/Presentation should be 2.30. Less grade (less than 2.3) will be considered as F and you will have to reappear in VIVA of Same Project next time (in next semester).
When Degree will issue
9. Degree is not issued at once after result announcement. It will take 7-14 days maximum. So if your all requirements are completed for the degree then it will be issued in 7-14 days (working days).
When Result of VIVA will announce
10. Sometimes CS619 result is not updated in LMS at once. It is mentioned in your degree which is issued by the university. the other reason is that VIVA result is announced after maximum Two weeks of your VIVA so wait for this and dont panic.
11. Passing criteria of VU is maximum 20% marks in Mid Term and 20% marks in Final Term
so the result will become as 40% and you will be considered as pass.
If a student have more then 20% in Mid term and Less then 20% in Finals then he is Fail
because Final is less than 20%. In the same way, If Final is greater than 20% and Mid term is Less than 20% then also Fail because of less grade (less than 20%) in Mid term.
Passing Criteria of VU
Mid term + Final Term Result
18%(Less than 20) 40% Fail
40% 18%(Less than 20) Fail
20% 20% Pass
12. Assignments/Qiuzs/GDBS are like bonus for you. do your best in it to get Excellent Grades. these are only 20% of your Total Grade but improve your semester performance. So make them as excellent as you can.
Tips to pass your Exams in VU
13. Do not copy MCQs found from internet as it is. try to verify them from your text book and internet as well. because most of the MCQs are not correctly solved so these wrong answers can decrease your Final Result. If you solve any Material related to study then try to give reference for it( page number Lecture no etc).
14. Respect your parents respect your Teachers their prayers are source of your success.
15. Don't feel proud on your success and dont feel ashamed (disappointed) on your less grade. Pay thanks (be obedient) to Allah and have Faith on Him. Try to seek help from Him. Moreover Hardwork is Key to achieve your Goal of life.
If any questions then feel free to ask and post your query here.
Course selection mein ja kai paper recheck ka option hai ap wo apply kar sktay hain uskay ilawa aisa koi option vu nai nahi dia howa web site pai apni
What %age is considered as 1st devision in vu's cgpa system
khalida CGPA hi consider hu ga na...
If you get 65% marks it's equal to 3 CGPA and considered first division (for VU). But if you're not studying under semester system, 60% marks are considered equal to first division in Pakistan.
Asslam-o-alikum every body.
My question is that I have passed 3rd semester but did not take project. Now in 4th semester I want to have project with 3 subject and rest 3 subjects in the next semester as the project lasts in two semesters. Is it posible.
Muhammad Amir Mirza wasalam ap k question ki samjh nai ahi
Yes, it is possible. You can extend your study program to as many semesters as you like but it has additional cost in terms of money (i.e. semester enrollment fee). I believe you have already studied and passed research methods (STA630) if it's a requirement to take project in your study program.
Question samajh nahi aaya apka
nice but already i know all this
Thank u Taariq Sahib
nice info JAZAKALLAH
A.O.A.... in this semester i have selected all the remaining subjects of 4th semester. in last semester, i have not selected final project. which i have selected now. it will also be continued in next semester. my question is that in next semester, when i have just final project in progress, then is it possible for me to select 'D' grade subjects for the purpose of improvements. please help me