We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
MCM301 Communication Skills VU
6TNote: This is a non-graded activity. Its purpose is to enhance your command on the
subject. Its marks will not be included in your final assessment.
• It will help students gain a better understanding of contextual view of interpersonal communication.
The contextual view of interpersonal communication completely ignores the relationships between communicators and considers the number of participants, their physical proximity, the sensory channels involved, the type of feedback and immediacy. Interpersonal communication does not happen in isolation. There are certain psychological, situational, environmental, cultural and relational factors involved in this type of communication.
Thoroughly read the following situations and identify the context they fall in and justify your identified context with comprehensive arguments. (5+5+5)
1. A new student at university communicates with his/her seniors in order to get help for assignments and projects. He is very strong in his moral values and sharp in studies. He doesn’t involve in hanging around and non-academic activities. He chooses a group of senior fellows who are high achievers in previous examination and always have serious concerns for their studies.
2. Ali and Hassan are peers. One fine morning they both meet in a garden and Ali tells his friend that he has arranged trip to a hill station for all friends. Hassan feels excited and he offers his car for this trip.
3. Two colleagues incidentally meet in a restaurant and they involve in a small chat.
• They will learn different context and interpretation of interpersonal communication.
3TCommunication Skills MCM301
4TUDepartment of Mass Communication
4TUVirtual University of PakistanU 4T5TUSEMESTER FALL 2013
0TASSIGNMENT NO.1 MARKS: 15
MCM301 Communication Skills VU
Copied material will be graded “Zero”.
1. Video lectures can be downloaded for free from http://ocw.vu.edu.pk/
2. In case of any ambiguity feel free to ask at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dec 06, 2013 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
Dec 11, 2013 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs. extra / grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
syedfatirhussain bus itna sa???
or us k liye 5 5 number?
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me k is me krna kia he samjh hi nhi arahi he k pcha kia he sir ne???
in ststements ki
relation type batani ha or us pr arguments deny hain
Taleyah abhi aap itna hi karke dekha dainn
haha .... samjh a ga ihai ... abb ho he jy g
Interpersonal communication is a form of communication which involves close physical proximity to each other. The psychological contextual is, who you are and what you bring to the interaction. Contextually your needs, desires, values, personality, etc., are related to psychology. Your reactions to the other person are the “Relational context ." Where you are communicating would reflect the Situational context. Communication takes place in a classroom will be very different from one that takes place in a hotel. Locations, noise level, temperature, season, time of day, all are examples of factors in the environmental context. Interpersonal communication is the application of interactions between people of different cultures with an emphasis on the problems associated by uncertainty and anxiety stemming from cultural differences. Cultural context deals with the operational definition of all the learned behaviors and rules that affect the interaction. If you come from a culture (foreign or within your own country) where it is considered rude to make long, direct eye contact, you will out of politeness avoid eye contact. If the other person comes from a culture where long, direct eye contact signals trustworthiness, then we have in the cultural context a basis for misunderstanding.
Interpersonal communication skills are the tools we use to let others know what we think, feel, need and want. And they are how we let others know that we understand what they think, feel, need and want. Interpersonal communication concerns the study of social interaction between people. Interpersonal communication theory and research seeks to understand how individuals use verbal discourse and nonverbal actions, as well as written discourse, to achieve a variety of instrumental and communication goals such as informing, persuading, and providing emotional support to others. Although interpersonal communication has been traditionally conceived of as a process that occurs between people encountering each other face to face, increasingly social interaction is being accomplished through the use of such communication technologies as computers and mobile phones, thus adding a new dimension to this area of communication inquiry.
1st statement is relational
3rd is environmental or situiational
Sir Are you completely sure about the answer??????????
2nd statement is statement is “Psychological context”
Because Psychological context, which is who you are and what you bring to the interaction. Your needs,
desires, values, personality, etc., all form the psychological context. ("You" here refers to both
participants in the interaction.)
The new students choose the senior fellows because of his/her needs ( so that they’ll help him/her )
Ye case one hai
2 nd statenment relational hai ya situational any one tell me plzzz