We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
MCM301 Communication Skills VU
6TNote: This is a non-graded activity. Its purpose is to enhance your command on the
subject. Its marks will not be included in your final assessment.
• It will help students gain a better understanding of contextual view of interpersonal communication.
The contextual view of interpersonal communication completely ignores the relationships between communicators and considers the number of participants, their physical proximity, the sensory channels involved, the type of feedback and immediacy. Interpersonal communication does not happen in isolation. There are certain psychological, situational, environmental, cultural and relational factors involved in this type of communication.
Thoroughly read the following situations and identify the context they fall in and justify your identified context with comprehensive arguments. (5+5+5)
1. A new student at university communicates with his/her seniors in order to get help for assignments and projects. He is very strong in his moral values and sharp in studies. He doesn’t involve in hanging around and non-academic activities. He chooses a group of senior fellows who are high achievers in previous examination and always have serious concerns for their studies.
2. Ali and Hassan are peers. One fine morning they both meet in a garden and Ali tells his friend that he has arranged trip to a hill station for all friends. Hassan feels excited and he offers his car for this trip.
3. Two colleagues incidentally meet in a restaurant and they involve in a small chat.
• They will learn different context and interpretation of interpersonal communication.
3TCommunication Skills MCM301
4TUDepartment of Mass Communication
4TUVirtual University of PakistanU 4T5TUSEMESTER FALL 2013
0TASSIGNMENT NO.1 MARKS: 15
MCM301 Communication Skills VU
Copied material will be graded “Zero”.
1. Video lectures can be downloaded for free from http://ocw.vu.edu.pk/
2. In case of any ambiguity feel free to ask at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dec 06, 2013 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
Dec 11, 2013 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs. extra / grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
The first one is Psychological context, 2nd one is relational and the last one should be situational. now you guys think about it and i will come up with my arguments in a bit.
OK now read the definitions of these contexts and analyze what is the requirement to fall in that particular context then try to relate each of the statement in the assignment with the contexts accordingly. whatever argument appears in your mind, try to write it down in your answers. thats about it.
yha non graded ha
it is graded
any one load solution
In other words, communication does not happen in isolation. There is:
Relate the first statement with psychological context because it falls best in that category. The first statement relates with the definition of psychological context since it considers the personality, values, desires etc of the participants in the interaction. The first statement states that the individual is more education oriented, he doesnt want to waste his time in the non academic activities and wants to make friendship with the senior students who are good in studies. So you can clearly analyze that it is the personaly of this individual and the psychological context considers the personalities of individual in the interaction. this is how i have done, i hope you guys get a go and do the rest similarly. best of luck.
Dear Students Don’t wait for solution post your problems here and discuss ... after discussion a perfect solution will come in a result. So, Start it now, replies here give your comments according to your knowledge and understandings....
in my point of view :
ist statement is Psychological context
2nd statement is Relational context
3rd statement is Situational context
how can we write the arguments in this context ?
any one tell me whats the arguments are.................
3rd case Relational Ho ga ya situational
situational and Environmental