We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

At a simple level, it seems obvious that people do things, such as go to work, in order to get stuff they want and to avoid stuff they don't want.
Why exactly they want what they do and don't want what they don't is still something a mystery. It's a black box and it hasn't been fully penetrated.
In other words, you have certain needs or wants (these terms will be used interchangeably), and this causes you to do certain things (behavior), which satisfy those needs (satisfaction), and this can then change which needs/wants are primary (either intensifying certain ones, or allowing you to move on to other ones).
A variation on this model, particularly appropriate from an experimenter's or manager's point of view, would be to add a box labeled "reward" between "behavior" and "satisfaction". So that subjects (or employees), who have certain needs do certain things (behavior), which then get them rewards set up by the experimenter or manager (such as raises or bonuses), which satisfy the needs, and so on.

In my point of view expectancy theory is more suitable for this situation because in this individual intrinsically motivated and try to perform with hard work for recognition,achievements and a well position in organization while in goal setting theory is applicable where individual performance is measured by goal and difficult goals reward is high motivation, but in this case Ms Uzma trying more with same work, goal for recognition and for better position in organization, and the other important theory is equity theory which deal with equal inputs and equal output with peers.
Ms Uzma s peers performing less efforts but they all are equal in outputs and she wants more outputs not equally with his peers so she expect more than his peers so i think expectancy theory is best for this and choose this option with more logically points.

Initially I thought of the same but someone here on the forum made me think from another angle as well...
The scenario says: 
After some time she realized that her peers are putting less effort as compared to her but enjoying the same perks and privileges. This made her upset, up to this point the equity theory is applicable
but she reminded herself about her challenge to be promoted, she has set a challenge for herself to get promoted and for that she is putting in extra efforts...she shifted from a state of mind from being upset to get motivated....and moreover she has set the challenge for herself of promotion, both these things are more appealing points for goal setting theory in my opinion...whatever she is doing to get promotion I think is not only in expectancy of promotion but all this requires internal state of mind which motivates someone to make efforts to achieve something...

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 203

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely u take a right decision but but as per my understanding equity theory is useful where some one gets less rewards by imputing same efforts compare with peers,Although her peers effort is less but outputs are equal, and equity focus output should be equal, and in goal setting mean individual try to achieve organizational goals,and when individual select tough goals,gets more chances of motivation but in this case Ms Uzma trying more efforts to achieve her personal goals ( she reminded herself about her challenge to be promoted, she has set a challenge for herself to get promoted and for that she is putting in extra efforts...she shifted from a state of mind from being upset to get motivated....and moreover she has set the challenge for herself of promotion)

Regardless of all theories ! I blv on my own theory which is: Individual and Organization goals must be aligned for the success of both! Only doing this both can achieve best results.

Obviously, organization has goals that are set by them and individuals need to review and map their goals accordingly:

RSS

© 2020   Created by +M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service