We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
MGT411 - Money & Banking
Graded Discussion Board
Dec 5-10, 2013
|Total Marks 30
“RETURN ON BONDS & SOURCES OF BOND RISK”
Money & Banking students will be enabled to understand:
Luxurious life, who does not wish to live. Nowadays, a good education is essential for such a wishful life. Getting quality education has become a dream that can hardly come true for lower middle class which strives tooth and nail. They put their lives and even their hard earned savings at risk to secure better future for themselves and their coming generations.
Mr. Amjad recently completed his graduation from a local university and now plans to pursue higher studies abroad, Australia. Getting admission and study visa may take thirteen to fifteen months. He has sufficient money that can only help him secure admission, get visa and travel to desired location but cannot pay for accommodation, food and other expenses; therefore requires more money. An idea knocked him to invest the money in hand in some corporate bonds that may earn him high profits(which he actually needs); would sell these bonds without any loss upon the confirmation of admission to pay dues (admission charges, semester charges, travel, boarding and messing) and start working for making his dreams come true.
1. Suppose Mr. Amjad invests money in 12% corporate bonds, after a month, government changes its policy regarding interest rate. How can Mr. Amjad incur loss due to such change?
2. Does the above change (in part 1) link with the liquidity of a bond? Support your answer with logical reasoning.
3. After two months, a banker approaches Mr. Amjad and attempts to convince him to move his money from bonds and invest in bank’s “Mahana Certificates (MCs)”, he claims that MCs are 100% secure and fully insured by the government. How would Mr. Amjad respond?
Note: Complete your comment within 250 words
1. Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
2. The discussion board will remain open for 4 working days.
3. Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
4. Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
5. Questions / queries related to the content of the discussion board, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of discussion board is over.
v For detailed instructions please see the discussion board announcement
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
koi solution to post ker dey ?
there is effect he will lost his profit because he is using zero coupon bond no periodic payments face value+interest will make is profit if gov change interest rate then he will lost his profit
he will invest in mahana certificate because it Make periodic interest payments and repay the principal
plzzz share solution ....... !!!!
kuch sumajh nahi a rahi koi to solution upload kar do
mujhe nai ata ye gdb koi to bolay kuch idea hi discuss kar lo mehurbani kar k
pleaseeeeeeeee dicuss some idea here .Tariq bhai please kuch discuss karein.thanks.... confusing GDB
1st k answer i think ya ho ga k "zero coupon bond " use kary gay....any one agree????