We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution
+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More
Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion
How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.
I though of posting this so that people can easily find matching solution if any questions repeat.
These are the VU solutions of VU teachers from VULMS.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (MGT501)
Assignment no. 1
1. Do you support the vision of top management or consider HR department a burden for the organization?
Yes, Vision of Top Management will be supported on following basis:
• The Personnel department of Shaheen Corporation has transformed into human resources department that’s why the vision of top management is absolutely relevant. Here, it is very important to understand the functioning of department formerly as personnel department and presently as human resource department: o Personnel department was a traditional administrative setup concentrating on employee welfare whereas; HRM is a continuous development of employees to face the abrupt changes and various challenges. It is concerned with the management of people in such a way, which matches organizational and individual goals and providing employees with intrinsic and extrinsic rewards.
o Thus personnel management was reactive to environment and HRM is proactive.
o Personnel department was responsible for record keeping and managing routine administrative tasks whereas the role of HR department is crucial in order to satisfy their employees and motivate them as well to gain a competitive edge.
• In 1985, the size of organization was small consisting of only 150 employees but now the number of employees has increased which accentuate the need of proper HR department with specialized people who can run the functions of HR in true spirit.
• So it can be said that the current size of HR department reflects both the organizational growth and a greater awareness that HR issues are important to the achievement of business objectives.
• A careful analysis of the benefits of Human Resource Management highlights that it’s not burden for the organizations as it plays a strategic role for an organization by supporting various other important strategies. It is becoming highly challenging for the companies to survive in highly competitive environment and the competitive edge can only be gained through knowledge based workforce. This is only possible when employees are developed and valued by their employers.
• At this point, the role of Human Resource Department becomes significant as it aligns the KSAs of the employees with the vision of the organization. It develops the employees by satisfying their needs and offering company the competitive edge. Thus, it keeps on adding value to the business.
2. What do you suggest to the top management of Shaheen Corporation for handling the complaints raised by supervisors?
Suggestions to top management for handling the complaints raised by supervisors
Implementing change into organization is always a challenging task. Keeping in view the above scenario, it can be observed that supervisors are resisting the development of Human resource department. It is because:
They will no longer handle the Human Resource issues rather they will only manage the administrative tasks.
Change is always time taking activity so supervisors and employees should be communicated well about the difference between personnel and human resource management along with their advantages.
Supervisors must be communicated that how the development of human resource management in the organization will meet the upcoming challenges by hiring of knowledge based workforce.
The management should highlight the role of Human Resource in maximizing the finances in a fair and legal environment.
Most importantly, the management should communicate the standardization of human resource activities in the organization.
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
SEMESTER FALL 2012
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (MGT501) ASSIGNMENT NO. 02
TOPIC: PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL
1. Could a graphic rating scale be used in carrying out this evaluation? Or could a paired comparison be used?
Yes. In fact the way the criteria are set forth, it appears that the Graphic Rating Scale could be a very effective method of evaluating the employees. Certainly it would be easy to construct and not very time consuming in terms of administering.
It would depend on the number of employees to be evaluated and the criteria that would be used. If there are a large number of people, the bank might find this method to be cumbersome and time consuming. It could be a very effective system if there are only five to ten people and the criteria is easily measured.
2 Would the number of tellers to be evaluated have any influence on the form of evaluation that is used? Explain.
The more people there are to be evaluated, the simpler the instrument will have to be.
If there are twenty-five tellers, a graphic rating scale is going to be a lot easier to use than a paired comparison; and both are going to be a lot simpler than a series of behaviorally anchored rating scales.
Note: (This is Featured Discussion)
For Important Helping Material related to this subject (Solved MCQs, Short Notes, Solved past Papers, E-Books, FAQ,Short Questions Answers & more). You must view all the featured Discussion in this subject group.
For how you can view all the Featured discussions click on the Back to Subject Name Discussions link below the title of this Discussion & then under featured Discussion corner click on the view all link.