Business Ethics (MGT610)
Due Date: 13 July, 2017
The basic objective of this assignment is to give insight about the topic titled, “Ethics of
Care”, and highlights its significance to create moral values among people.
After attempting this assignment students will be able to:
Understand the essence of ethics in a contextual environment
Find out the challenges to promote ethics of care among people
Lahore Intra City transit train project was in plan for many years. After starting the construction of terminals and tracks, one lawyers suit a file against the government that it is unethical to build such a big structure without the consent of the local residents.
Three administrative bodies are involved in it:
• Lahore Development Authority
• Planning and development department
• Local Government and community development
According to law, these authorities are connected to each other with the very complicated network of autonomies and power. This bureaucratic system provides them enough room to cover all these logical, ethical and legal loop holes in the system.
This conflict of interest of local residents and ruling government is highlighted by the media. One article in Dawn newspaper (Published in Dawn June 26th, 2015) well explained the loss of 620 trees in Lahore city due to this project. Keeping these facts and considering other violation of rights of urbanites, the problem become more ethical rather legal.
Counter argument emphasis on the urban development project, and the objective is to bring this city in the list of developed city of the world. Another point is that the jurisdiction of the local government covers all project of any nature. They also claim that they are protecting the rights of local residents, so the application by the local resident is over rule.
Considering the above scenario, what do you think that this is an ethical issue or legal issue? Support your answer with logical reasons and facts.
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS/ SOLUTION GUIDELINES/ SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
• Solution should be to the point.
• Avoid irrelevant details
OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: DEADLINE:
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format. • Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)