We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

AoA
here anyone student of Ms Computer Science. I need Some info..

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 776

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm okay thanks

DBMS is the best

how?

Okay

Yes i am student of MSCS

The most Important thing for MS is your industry experience in related area, otherwise MS will be only a piece of paper for you.

The Recommended years of experience is 2+ Year experience.

If your interest is in Networking then you must have 2+ year experience  in Network & infrastructure

if your interest is in Software Development then experience as programmer 

same with the database.

The reality is that a good student came to know about its future in 4th,5th semester of BS and specially FInal Project of the degree must reflect its interest or you can say what ever student interest he/she should choose final project as per area of interest.

Because MS is specialization therefore first get experience in related field then go for MS. Even you will realize yourself which area of specialization you should choose if you have experience.

Another Important thing if you do MSCS with specialization it is different than doing the MS in specialization

for example

MSCS With Software Engineering specialization is different than MS in Software Engineering. reason is in MSSE you study 9 specialize subject of software engineering areas while in MSCS with SE specialization you study 4 subjects which has no link with software Engineering these includes, Theory of Computation, Advance OS, Advance Computer Architecture , Advance Algo Analysis. then you study 5 SE related subject.

In Lahore, Comsats, LUMS, UMT, FAST, these offering specialized MS rest are offering MSCS.

same is the case with MS-IT.

Feel free to communicate for any question

Kindly guide me.
I have passed 4 core courses (CS701, CS702, CS703 and CS704) and 2 courses (CS706, CS706) from Software engineering specialization in first two semesters of MSCS Software Engineering. Degree Requirements at course selection page are mentioned as

“For the completion of MS (CS) degree program, a student is required to pass: four core courses, minimum three courses from the area of specialization, and
Option I: Research thesis (six credit hours) plus remaining credit hours (if any) from another area
OR
Option II: Remaining credit hours from other area(s)”

1- What are the benefits to take thesis (option I)? As I want to take option II (courses) instead of thesis.
2- I need to select 1 more course from software engineering specialization to fulfill the degree requirement. Which one is the best choice from CS709 / CS711/CS724 for third semester with respect to grade and ease?
3- These are 4 core courses and 3 courses from area of specialization. Is it a must to take remaining three courses from other area as mentioned in option II of degree requirements or can I select remaining 3 courses from same area of specialization (Software Engineering)?

The benifit of thesis is that you become eligible for PHD in any international university. even earlier policy of HEC was that only those person can enroll 4 PHD who did thesis in MS. right now this policy is not applicable but dont know when HEC impose this policy again. If you have no plan for PHD then taking 2 subject is best option.

I dont know the subject code of VU if u tell subject name then i can guide yo on choosing.

pleae kind me about all course selection which are necessary for MSCS

I am so confuse about its selection

necessary are, CS701,702,703,704, these u must have to study if doing MSCS from any university. but these are nor mandatory if doing MS-SE.

therefore for you above are mandatory

CS709 - Formal Methods for Software Engineering

CS711 - Software Design

CS724 - Software Process Improvement

Software Design should be the choice, this subject is about the internal design of the software i.e, architecture, design pattern, anti pattern etc. its more intersting and industry oriented subject. you need some experience of development to study this subject.

Format Method is mathematical, and you will study some methmatical languages like Zed , OCL, Algebric Specification.

Software Process improvement is purely perspective of Development Manager and it include the different process model and costing model.

RSS

Latest Activity

Today Top Members 

© 2020   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service