Passing Criteria of VU
According to old Marking Scheme
Mid term + Final Term Result
18%(Less than 20) 40% Fail
40% 18%(Less than 20) Fail
20% 20% Pass
And to be declared as passed as a whole in a particular subject you must have atleat 40% or CGPA equals to 1.00. grade below 40% will be included in F grade and you must have to reapear in that subject in which you have F grade. D grade subjects are not necessary to improve. You can carry on with D grade but if you want to improve D grade then you can improve it only once before the issuance of degree, otherwise you will not be able to improve D grade once you got your degree.
Assignments/Qiuzs/GDBS are like bonus for you. do your best in it to get Excellent Grades. these are only 20% of your Total Grade but improve your semester performance. So make them as excellent as you can.
According to New Scheme
Now there is a little bit change in new VU grading Scheme you must achieve atleast 20% in mid term and 30% in final term atleast and your final term aggregate should be atleast 50%. Grade below 50% will be considered as F grade.
I have confirmed it from Examination department and they told me that
to be declared as Pass in any subject you must achieve at least 50% (Mid+Final) aggregate in your exams otherwise you must improve your course again (reapear in the same subject in which you have less than 50%)
It means that it is ok that you get 20% in mid term you are pass but to pass final term as well you should must have 30% in final term. (20%+30%=50%=Pass) or 25%+25% = 50% = Pass etc
If a student fails to get atleast 20% in mid term exams but gets good marks in final term and Assignments,quizes or GDBs then he/she will not be declared as Pass because mid term score is less then 20% he/she will get F grade.
Similarly if a student gets good marks in mid term /GDB/Quiz but fails to get good marks according to scheme then he/she will not Pass and will get F grade. because final term exam result aggregate must be equal to 50% otherwise no chance to pass.
Never miss any assignment quiz or GDB. If you miss them then it will affect your CGPA (if these activities are graded). These activities also give you clear understanding about VU examination Scheme.
Tips to pass your Exams in VU
1. Do not copy MCQs found from internet as it is. try to verify them from your text book and internet as well. because most of the MCQs are not correctly solved so these wrong answers can decrease your Final Result. If you solve any Material related to study then try to give reference for it( page number Lecture no etc).
2. Respect your parents respect your Teachers their prayers are source of your success.
3. Don't feel proud on your success and dont feel ashamed (disappointed) on your less grade. Pay thanks (be obedient) to Allah and have Faith on Him. Try to seek help from Him. Moreover Hardwork is Key to achieve your Goal of life.
4. Read handout properly and attentively also prepare from past papers (solved with reference)
5. Make your assignments, GDBs yourself it you copy from others then you will get Zero marks and it will effect your final grade. So be attentive and active in your activities. Do your work yourself. Do not rely on anyone because it may possiblr that the assignment or GDB idea you are coping is not correct so always use your own thoughts for your work.
6. Your concepts should be clear relevant to all subjects because VU exam questions are concept based so be present minded to solve your papers.
7. Always use solved with reference files for your exams preparation to avoid any disturbance and deduction of marks.
8. If you get low grade in mid term do not be disappointed. Start preparing for final term with double effort and try to overcome your loss. If you are able to get good marks in final term/assignments/quiz/GDB then it is possible that you will get good CGPA. So do not be disappointed with mid term low grade result, try to work hard for final term.
9. Never try to disgrace anyone and respect others because "A man who respects others is respected by all" and this is the key to success. Say your prayers five times a day and recite the Holy Quran daily to get success. Never forget Allah Almight and He will never forget you and He will never ever let you down InshaAllah.
10. Remember that Allah Almight helps those who helps themselves so never rely on anyone never beg for anything before anyone. It is only Allah who can give you success and hard work and trust on Allah are key to success
If any questions then feel free to ask and post your query here.
For more check this link
Her subject mn percentage lyna hoti hy pass hony k liye.
Jsy ager ap k marks 50 percent per subject hn Final k bad to ap pass ho gy usi subject mn.
Is ka matlab hai k agar main mid term mein minimum 20% marks leta hon aur final mein 30% to main pass ho jaon ga... aur agar main mid term mein kisi subject mein 65% marks leta hon to phir us subject mein final exam mein minimum kitnay percent marks lenay ki zarurat ho gi pass honay k liye????
aur ye bhi kindly bata dain k each subject mein minimum 50% marks agar lay lon to kya assignment aur quizzes k marks alag se add hon gay is 50% mein? ya phir wo add ho k 50% banay ga?????
Introduction to business 65%
ye mera midterm exams ka result hai.... ye marks 20% se ziada hain. to iska matlab hai k mid mein to pass hon. lekin ab final mein kya karna hai??? for example accounting mein 47% marks hain. to ab final mein sirf 3% marks lenay hain pass honay k liye? kyun k passing marks to total 50% hain na.
hello saad m also mbs student plzzz keep in touch with me...?
PRevious scheme was 20% midterm ma lain or 20% final main to ap pass hain.
For example mid ma 40 ma sy 10 ay to ya 20% hogya or final ma 80 sy 20 ay to ya b 20% hogya ab agr total marks calculate kiye jain to 30 out of 120 bnty hain or sath agr assignment gdb or quiz k marks add kiye jain to 40 out of 120 bnty hain so a student is passed overall ku k usny 20% dono ctaegory ma lay liye thay.
now new system is
20% mid ma or 30% final ma
mid ma 20% to utny he bnay jasay 10 out of 40 or final ma 30% bnay 25 out of 80 to toal bna 35 out of 120 or sath quiz assignment or gdbs k 10 out of 15 add kr liye jain to 45 out of 120 bnty hain to vu walo ny grading scheme kuch is tra di hai
to jinky 50% hon gain unko D grade milay ga isi tra agr ap ki percentage 60 ya 70 bnti hai to isky grade apko milain gay
or rhe bt aik bhai ki ma ny 50 to mid ma he secure kr liye ab final na b du to khair ha ya agr ma 2 % final ma lu to b chlay ga to asa nhe hoga apko 20 % mid ma or final me b 30% lanay he prain gy ku k mid ki alada policy ha or final ki alada policy ha so agr ap ma mid ma 50% b laty hain to final ma b atleast 30% lany prain jitni zada percentage utni zada grade acha0
I hope it hepls
AGr abi b kisi ko smj ni lge ho to reply krain i will answer
ECO 401 mein merey 36% numbers hain. mujhe pass honey k liye final term, GDB and Assignment mein kitne numbers leney hon ge? Kindly tell me.
mid ma pass ho ap bs final ma 30% mzid sscore krlo
meray mgt101 mein 40 me sy 13 marks hn mjhy final me kitny chaye
meay midterm result is trha say hai 27% 28,35,32 and 46% 5 subjects they ab mn 3 cgpa kesay lay skta hun becoz buht km marks han plz anybody tell me what i do,,,,????