We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>


Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

    

It’s only usually a matter of time before our worries with regards to our children begin to kick in. We are desperate to secure their Islamic future, but in a world that is rapidly changing, where exposure is unmanageable, where governmental policies are affecting what our children are taught in schools, and where the competitors who wish to raise our children on our behalf are so many, a dominant feeling in the world of parenthood is often fear. Thus, the question: “Will my children become inhabitants of paradise or will they be the firewood for hell?” is most certainly a pertinent one.

However, the influencing factors for or against our children are not limited to the ones listed above, but at times the great or pathetic ambitions of a child is largely the fault of his parents. If a child who is born, who learns how to walk, then enters education, graduates, finds work, marries, reproduces and then reclines on his deathbed, leaving no Islamic impression behind him, was to blame his parents for his lack of aspirations for the hereafter, in many cases, they would be justified. In fact, according to Imam Ibn al-Qayyim, in the majority of cases, it is the fault of the parent. He said:

فَمن أهمل تَعْلِيم وَلَده مَا يَنْفَعهُ وَتَركه سدى فقد أَسَاءَ إِلَيْهِ غَايَة الْإِسَاءَة وَأكْثر الْأَوْلَاد إِنَّمَا جَاءَ فسادهم من قبل الْآبَاء وإهمالهم لَهُم وَترك تعليمهم فَرَائض الدّين وسننه فأضاعوهم صغَارًا فَلم ينتفعوا بِأَنْفسِهِم وَلم ينفعوا آبَاءَهُم كبارًا

“Whoever fails to teach his children what benefits them and neglects them, then such a parent has severely mistreated them, for the majority of corrupt children are such because of parents who did not teach them the religion. Thus because of their neglect of them when they were young, these children become of no use to themselves or their parents when they become old.” [1]

In light of recent happenings in the UK and indeed worldwide, the unmissable reality that is unfolding before our very eyes today states that if I as a father/mother do not plan for my children, then, whether I realise it or not, I have in fact handed over my children for the plans of others.

There was a fascinating study conducted on the 1979 Harvard MBA programme where graduate students were asked “have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?” The result: only 3% had written goals and plans, 13% had goals but they weren’t in writing and 84% had no goals at all. Ten years later, the same group was interviewed again, and the result was absolutely mind-blowing. The 13% of the class who had goals but did not write them down was earning twice the amount of the 84% who had no goals. The 3% who had written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% of the class combined.[2]

The planning I speak of today however isn’t for our children’s wages, but for the fulfilment of an Amānah—a trust—which we are going to be harshly interrogated about should we fail to plan for our children.

Allāh said:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا قُوا أَنْفُسَكُمْ وَأَهْلِيكُمْ نَارًا وَقُودُهَا النَّاسُ وَالْحِجَارَةُ

“O you who believe! Protect yourselves and your families against a Fire whose fuel is men and stones…”[3]

+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.

..How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?..


See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 40

.

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Superb!! 

A quote from Al-Ghazali that:

A child is a trust (placed by Allah) in the hands of his parents, and his innocent heart is a precious element capable of taking impressions.

thanks Kaly BaLon waLi sister 

+ ! ! ! ❤ thanks sis 

no doubt iqbaL bro,,

thanks for sharing bro Muhammad Iqbal

You are welcome safeed balon wali sis

RSS

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service