Your task is to conduct a mini study to check the impact of serial position effect in retaining
Task One: Experiment
Students are required to study whether serial position effect facilitates us in retaining the
information or not.
Take four volunteers having at least Matriculation level of education.
First of all, brief your participants about the experiment.
· Prepare a list of 10 words.
· Read those ten words to the participants.
· After taking a brief pause of 10 minutes ask the participants to write down all those
words which they can recall easily.
Task Two: Report Writing (20 Marks)
Your report should consist of the following parts:
Introduction (should not exceed 200 words) (2)
Write down brief introduction of serial position effect.
In this section, you will write; how you approached the participants and detailed procedure of
doing this activity.
Table formulation (10)
In this section, you are supposed to formulate a table by keeping in view the following
· In first column of table, you are required to write down the list of ten words which
you prepared for your participants.
· In second column, you are required to list down only those words which were at the
beginning and at the end of the list.
· In third column, you are required to list down all those words which were recalled by
In this section, you will have to analyze your table and justify it as well. In this regard, you
will write either serial position effect facilitates us in retaining the information or not.
Moreover, you will conclude what you found from the study.
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)