We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>
Principles of Marketing, MGT 301 Spring, 2016
Graded Discussion Board No. 1
Due Date: 11 May, 2016.
Total Marks: 10 Marks.
Topic: Brand Promotion.
NOTE: There is no grace period in case of GDB
The core objective of this activity is to familiarize students with the concepts of brand promotion.
After attempting this activity, the students will be able to understand, explain, apply and critically examine the dimensions of brand promotion into practical cases.
Brands and businesses in just about every industry are in a state of war with their competitors through promotions and marketing strategies. Majority of renowned brands have been found fighting for their brand promotion with their competitive brands in the recent history of Pakistan. Brand’s taunting, pointing, and hitting their competitive brands via commercials and media posters is a commonly seen practice now days among different brands i.e. a brand war is commonly seen between two detergent giants Arial and Surf Excel. Similarly telecommunication brands Ufone and Mobilink and tea brands Lipton and Tapal Danedar also seem to be quarrelling with each other in their TV commercials and on media posters. Brands in this way try to capture audience’ attention and increase their customer base.
Point of discussion:
With reference to the above given discussion do you think that this brand promotion technique can benefit an organization by increasing its sales or hitting competitive brands may leave a negative impression on the customers? Justify your answer.
The total marks of this GDB are 10; mention at least 05 points in detail to justify your answer. Each point carries 02 marks; avoid irrelevant text/material while answering the question.
For acquiring the relevant knowledge, do not rely only on handouts but also watch the course video lectures and read additional material available online or in any other mode.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Pre Mid-Term semester activities have started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
+ Click Here To Join also Our facebook study Group.+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material? + How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?
.+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)
ye oper solution upload huy pre hain bhai goor se to dkhokhud b upload kiya solution
According to the scenario which is given, I believe that the brand promotion technique will definitely beneficial for the organization and it will also increase their sales volume. An effective brand strategy gives us a major edge in increasing competitive market, the effective campaign done in tasteful, subtle manner, brand that fundamentals may be able to successfully position our brand above the competitive. I would like to justify my answer as under:
is there any help in the handouts........?
Brand’s taunting, pointing, and hitting their competitive brands via commercials and media have both kind of aspects, it can harm a company reputation or may increase their trades. Let see one by one the benefits and drawbacks.
1) Yes off course each brand needs some mass communication appearance for its survival and growth. Brand taunting and indicating is an interesting way to get the immediate attention of the viewers. Mostly it increase the brand popularity and sales.
2) By these techniques even the demand of the products increase sufficiently. Because not only the media, the public also participate the advertising of the brands. Because whenever public watch these taunting and hitting commercial they are discussing and spreading the information quite frequently. Hence increase the sale levels.
3) Through these techniques brands notify the general public how they (brands) are heterogeneous than the others. What brands have qualities those do not have others? Why they are offering products at cheaper rates, while they are not compromising on the standards. So these gives the evidence to community and increase the sale levels.
4) Brands need to be more cautious when they are using taunting, pointing, and hitting techniques against their competitive brands, because the competitors can strike back. Sometimes brands retaliate, and their avenge movement might point out misleading statements or the product weaknesses much more effectively than your campaign. These can adequately shatter your reputation in front of the customers.
5) Sometimes customers even notice you are insulting them if you are using aggressive techniques such as taunting, pointing, and hitting against competitive brands, because they are the consistent buyers of those brands. Situations go worse when, what you are advertising about yourself and against your customers are not factual. People sometimes have already experience of the different brands and they know, who the best is? Strongly it can harm your brand reputation and lose the customer`s trust.