SEMESTER SPRING 2013
PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
ASSIGNMENT # 02
DUE DATE: 2ND JULY, 2013
Pak Elektron Limited (PEL) is the pioneer manufacturer of electrical goods in Pakistan.
Since its beginning, the company has always been contributing towards the advancement
and development of the engineering sector in Pakistan by introducing a range of quality
electrical equipments and home appliances.
For improvement in different divisions of the company, management of PEL electronics
wants to implement the concept of “six sigma” so as to develop the appliances that are
near to perfection and reliable. A team of Marketing and Operations department experts
is formulated and are asked for their suggestions and expert opinion on this decision.
Suppose that you are the part of that team what will be your recommendations on the
basis of your knowledge of “Production and operations management” on the following
1. What are the factors that will explain that Pak Elektron Limited (PEL) is prepared
for the deployment of “six sigma”? Provide suitable details to support your point.
2. What possible obstacles that the management of Pak Elektron Limited (PEL) have
to face while implementation of “six sigma”. (15)
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date are usually available to
overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet
the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as
final to avoid any inconvenience.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS/ SOLUTION GUIDELINES/ SPECIAL
• BE PRECISE AND PROVIDE LOGICAL REASONING OF YOUR SOLUTION.
• AVOID USING BLOGS OR COPING FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE AS IT WILL BE MARKED
AS ZERO (0).
OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA
reference style” in Google and read various websites containing
information for better understanding or visit
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel,
PowerPoint, PDF etc.
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Post Mid‐Term semester activities have started
and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country.
Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities
as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your
convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on
VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be
entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
thanks i am almost explaining that
bhai GDB ko filhaal choren apni assignment ka kch btain khd submit krwa di hai dosron ka bhi khayal kren
Abhi kahan karwai hai....inn points ko explain kernay ki koshish ker raaha hun
I have submitted....Allah Maalik