Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

MGT603 - Strategic Management Assignment No.01 Problems Discussion and Solution Fall 2013 Due Date 03 May 2013

STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT (MGT603)
ASSIGNMENT NO. 01
DUE DATE: MAY 2ND, 2013 MARKS: 20
ASSIGNMENT:
Learning objectives
· Difference between mission and vision.
Learning outcomes
After this assignment, student will find it an ease to:
· Understand mission statement and vision statement, their difference and application.
Background
Mission statement relates to present situation of an organization and defines purpose of
organization existence. Mission also means what we are and what we want to do. Mission
can be narrow or broad. Narrow mission statement shows that which products and services
are offered, which technology is used etc. Broad mission statement wider mission values in
terms of product and services, technologies etc. Vision statement relates to future of an
organization, it includes strategic planning for future and organization s’ inspiration. Vision
describes these questions, “where we want to be in future?” and “where we want to go?”
Scenario
Ms Nazia opened a boutique named as “En”, in 1999 in Lahore. This boutique became
highly popular in 2000. Nowadays “En” boutique has a number of outlets in the major cities
of Pakistan i.e. Islamabad, Karachi, Peshawar, Rawalpindi. Initially, the store offered
stylish eastern clothing but recently, on high public demand, western apparel has also been
introduced which is widely admired by ladies of almost all ages. Her customers are mostly
young and middle-aged ladies who are both professionals and non-professionals, but style
conscious and price sensitive.
Similarly, she hopes to grow her boutique into a complete fashion store, offering items to
go with her clothes, such as bags, shoes & jewelry.
Now, Ms Nazia wants to launch her flagship store internationally e.g. UK, but she would
like to revise the mission and vision statement of her store to appeal to the highly
competitive international market.
Requirement
You are required to suggest a suitable mission and a vision statement ( refer to the
‘Background’ section of this assignment about mission and vision statement ) that would be
most appropriate keeping mind Ms Nazia’s plans for her boutique in the international
market. You MUST provide three valid reasons to explain HOW this statement would be
most appropriate for “En” to be successful internationally? You may use the table given
under ‘Sample Solution’.
NOTE: Please refer to the ‘Solution Guidelines’ given below before attempting this
assignment.
Sample Solution
HOW this statement would be most appropriate for “En” to be
successful internationally?
Suggest the
Mission Statement
of “En”
Suggest the Vision
Statement of “En”

Spring%202013_MGT603_1.pdf

Please discuss here about this assignment 

Views: 6201

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Successful internationally?

Suggest the

Mission Statement

of “En”

Nowadays “En” boutique has a number of outlets in the major cities

of Pakistan, and now wants to be the a part of an international flagship store of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.

Community 

To serve and improve our community in critical areas.

Friendship

To offer an environment that promotes social interaction for the                     creation of lasting friendships

Training

To develop women as leaders

Suggest the Vision

Statement of “En”

To be the finest internationally flagship store for women in UK by offering a unique combination of complete fashion store.

Service 

To maintain an excellent standard of service to all stakeholders

Innovation

Commitment to the history and offering items to

Assurance

Make sure that our organizational structure and culture promote member involvement, open communication, teamwork, and cooperation.

Just an Idea, I’m Confused.  Plz, any one, solve or give me better solution. 

the question is so simple we have to right mission and vision statement for en and then we have to give 3  3 valid reasons for it

Solution format  , Is it ?

Attachments:

any idea
plz share,

i m not agree with this solution.

TO pir apna answer do, if you dont agree

hurry up-

Successful internationally?

Suggest the

Mission Statement

of “En”

Nowadays “En” boutique has a number of outlets in the major cities

of Pakistan, and now wants to be the a part of an international flagship store of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.

Community 

To serve and improve our community in critical areas.

Friendship

To offer an environment that promotes social interaction for the                     creation of lasting friendships

Training

To develop women as leaders

Suggest the Vision

Statement of “En”

To be the finest internationally flagship store for women in UK by offering a unique combination of complete fashion store.

Service 

To maintain an excellent standard of service to all stakeholders

Innovation

Commitment to the history and offering items to

Assurance

Make sure that our organizational structure and culture promote member involvement, open communication, teamwork, and cooperation.

Just an Idea, I’m Confused.  Plz, any one, solve or give me better solution. 

Rana Kashif Mahmood gud keep it up & thanks for sharing 

Note for All Members: You don’t need to go any other site for this assignment/GDB/Online Quiz solution, Because All discussed data of our members in this discussion are going from here to other sites. You can judge this at other sites yourself. So don’t waste your precious time with different links.

koi banda assignment ka koi idea hi dey dou na, 

According to me first of all we have to make mission and vision statement and then we give three reasons for both statements that why these are suitable for nazia's botique. because i search on google i get some mission&vision statements and read about that so i think we have to make assignment in this way

Jo search kia tha Dua khanam g wo share b kr leti..........

Sample: I hope this will help you guys

VISION & MISSION STATMENT OF UFONE

Mission statement of Ufone

Our mission is to provide best services with best coverage that would eventually generate profit for the company and its stakeholders

Vision of Ufone

To be the leading telecommunication service provider in Pakistan by offering innovate communication solutions for our customers while exceeding shareholder value & employee expectation.

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service