We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

Visual Programming (CS411) Assignment # 2 (GRADED) ......... Deadline Date = 10/12/2015

Visual Programming (CS411)

Assignment # 2 (GRADED)

Total marks = 20

Deadline Date = 10/12/2015

Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting the assignment.

Rules for Marking

It should be clear that your assignment would not get any credit if:

• The assignment is submitted after due date.
  • The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
  • The assignment is copied. Note that strict action would be taken if the submitted assignment is copied from any other student. Both students will be punished severely.

1)      You should consult recommended books to clarify your concepts as handouts are not sufficient.

2)      You are supposed to submit your complete solution project as a single file (i. e. zip or RAR). Any other formats like scan images, PDF, bmp, docx etc. will not be accepted.

3)      You are advised to upload your assignment at least two days before Due date.

Important Note:

Assignment comprises of 20 Marks. Note that no assignment will be accepted after due date via email in any case (whether it is the case of load shedding or emergency electric failure or internet malfunctioning etc.). Hence, refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of the deadline, and try to upload Solutions at least 02 days before the deadline to avoid inconvenience later on.

For any query please contact: CS411@vu.edu.pk

Question:

You are required to implement a Simple Salary Reader System (SSRS). The name and salary of different people is given in the attached XML file. Write a console based application with following requirements:

Program will take name of a person as input. It will then read the XML file to search the said person. If person is found, its salary will be read from the file and displayed on console as shown in output window given below. However, if person is not found, system will display “Person not found” message.

To Read XMLSalaries file from the project folder, you can use following statement:

string Dir = System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(@"..\..\..\");

The above statement will return the path of your project folder (the folder containing XMLSalaries.xml file). So, in above case “Dir” variable will contain “E:\\SalaryReader\\”. Now you can append name of the file (i.e. XMLSalaries.xml) with “Dir” variable and read it.

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 6083

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

completed......!!!!! 

khoi smaj ne aa ri

so pls idea upload ker doo Dastgeer

How i can solve this problem plz help me

Complete Solution...

Umar Bhai apka program "Console.WriteLine("Salary of " + pname +etc..)" wali line ko read ni kr ra... kindly check ur program code....

Which files we will send in zip or rar?

This line of code 

string DIR = System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(@...)

here we included the adress of directory where we have stored xlms file.How it will open there when we send it?

Me too 

sheriq plzzzzz cntct me,....

plz guide me meray pass vs ka version 2013 ka hai kya main is me assignmemt bana kar submit karwa sakta ho ya nahe ?or agr bana k submit karwa do to kya accept ho jae ge?plz guide me. 

plz guide me how to solve it plz help me

Attachments:

RSS

© 2019   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service