Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

Views: 983

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol nice question,How come you could expect a logical thing from illogical person 

Black Flags

Plz read the whole post. I mentioned, first programer was also a Lady (frst team of programmers was also ladie'z team) n if she was an illogical person then how could she dominated on men at that time in this field? 

Would u lik to explain ur comment? 

It's all about interest, I just don't like programming at all but I am good at accounting but that does not mean I am not good at anything

tehrim 

mujy to sab kuch acha lagta siwaiy english ka 

i am good in mth stat etc

bt not in english 

in these days i am trying to be a good programer and Inshallah i will try my best 

in my point of view girls are best then boys in all subjects 

bt girls ko wo facailites nai milti jo boys ko milti mostly un girls ko jo kuch karna chati hain bt hamri society kuch karnay nai dati 

meray khiyal se agar girls ko wo facailites milti hain to wo boys se achi programer ban sakti hain 

maslan??

kis kism ki facilities ki bat ho rhi hai..kuch point out to karein please.. :)

maslan guidance ki facilities 

What Happened To Women In Computer Science?

Modern computer science is dominated by men. But it hasn't always been this way.

A lot of computing pioneers — the people who programmed the first digital computers — were women. And for decades, the number of women studying computer science was growing faster than the number of men. But in 1984, something changed. The percentage of women in computer science flattened, and then plunged, even as the share of women in other technical and professional fields kept rising.

for me girls have every kind of ability to do every thing equally with boys ......

the big disadvantage here for everyone not only for girls that there is a concept of video lecturing and most of us have pre-thinked about these lecture that these lectures are boring and we could not be able to do the trick with this stuff.....

i have also that frame of mind when i was in first semester and even my cgpa was in that semester is 1.86 .....

there is also a point of doing the thing in right direction i mean try to learn the programming, but mostly girls suffers due to the un-understanding of lectures and  also don't listen the stuff due to pre-thinked ideas about video lecturing.

u said in VU so these problems are the basic ones of VU students.....instead of all that kind of problems then students have there own ability to do that and some are habitually weak so all these kind of things present .....

programming is not an easy job to do ...

think critically about the detail SAID BY RECTOR OF VU NAVEED MALIK 

+ AA_Mehmood

Wel explained.

Ys girls r not intersted in video lectrz, bt i saw those grlz also who listen all lectrz bt dont do practic n strt by heart the programs. & This is useless in programng to listen theory only. 

wat u say abut those? 

In the 1990s, researcher Jane Margolis interviewed hundreds of computer science students at Carnegie Mellon University, which had one of the top programs in the country. She found that families were much more likely to buy computers for boys than for girls — even when their girls were really interested in computers.

This was a big deal when those kids got to college. As personal computers became more common, computer science professors increasingly assumed that their students had grown up playing with computers at home.

I think this iz also a main reason, i saw this types of things in Pakistani's home also. 

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service