Latest Activity In Study Groups

Join Your Study Groups

VU Past Papers, MCQs and More

We non-commercial site working hard since 2009 to facilitate learning Read More. We can't keep up without your support. Donate.

I have passed my 2 years MBA from VU in 2 straight years. Shukar AlhmadUllah NO extra semesters due to any reason :). I am attaching my internship report and wish every one the best of luck in their studies and future plans. Good Luck & Allah Bless AMEEN!

Views: 11686

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Recommendations for Improvement

The bank's management has to introduce new training programs in coordination with the HR Department. This program should update the employees with the current economic situation of Pakistan, the latest trends and the possible outcomes in the future. This program should include training that would help the employees to deal in a much better way with the customers. I sensed that there is a lack of organizational citizenship in the employees of the bank. The reason is that the profits which the bank is making due to their efforts is being used to cover losses faced by the sister companies of Bank Alfalah and so Alfalah employees are not getting raise in their salaries, bonus or other financial benefits . The top management and the Board of Directors must find a solution towards this problem. Because if this continues it will cause dissatisfaction among the employees. They will either leave the organization or will not work with the same level of commitment. Bank Alfalah is in no position to face this loss. The top management has to find ways to solve this problem soon and at the same time what they can do is take some load off the employees temporality so that they don’t get over stressed.

Secondly the bank has to increase its advertising of products and services. Honestly I think that the top management is quite reluctant to spend money on advertising. This is beyond my understanding. The reason might be that it is looking to save its funds but this is not the proper way to do it. As stated earlier that the bank is fairly new and the staff including the top management has less banking experience. This is one of main reason that it is not paying the much needed attention on advertising its products. Bank involvement in cricket advertising in the Gulf region is commendable but it has to advertise about its products in the local print and electronic media in the same way other banks are doing in Pakistan.

Reference & Sources used

bankalfalah.com

Bank Alfalah Annual Audited Report 2010

Bank Alfalah Un-audited Quarterly Report 2011

State Bank of Pakistan Annual Financial Report 2010

State Bank of Pakistan Statistical Report 2010

Annexes

Bank Alfalah Broachers of

1-Credit Cards

2- Loaning Facilities

3- Car Financing

4- Account Features

5- Halal Debit Cards

NOTE: My annexes section was NOT according to the way as told by VU. However I was declared pass in the report with a little note from the instructor that this section (annexes) is not properly illustrated. My report is concise and to the point that’s why it got the approval from the instructor, my final presentation slides were entirely based on the points taken from this report (I passed the presentation and viva section too).

Believe in Allah & yourself. Good luck every one. Warm Regards!

VU Alumni – { MBA (Banking)}

Congradulation Nadeem bhai. Me mba(3.5 yea) ka student hon. me specialization me banking select kerna chahta hon.mughe btaien k last semest me is ke projectt aur internship report me option hota ha ya dono kerne hoty han.Aur internship kya ha ye kahan kerte ha.Aur project ek he student ko dete hain ya grup bna k dete han???? please bhai i am waiting for your reply ap mere senior han.

AsSalamaOAlaikum (accepting thanks on behalf of Nadeem,I am his close buddy & class mater @ VU:) TY ). Please be advised that if you are NOT working meaning you dont have a job then you MUST DO your internship at a BANK (if your area of specialization is banking). After the duration of internship is over (which should be a minimum of 4 weeks to a maximum of 6 weeks) then after that you have to SUBMIT your INTERNSHIP REPORT. Now if you have a job then in that case you must do your PROJECT. You really dont have an option when it comes to doing a PROJECT or the INTERNSHIP. If you are doing a full time job then you have to completer a Project and for jobless people ( like Nadeem and myself ) you must do your internship.Hope that helps you. One last piece of advice, DONT WAIT FOR THE FINAL SEMESTER FOR THE INTERNSHIP. Banks nowdays dont want internees, its really hard to find an internship at a bank. So start looking for an opportunity before the final semester. Hope this helps. God Bless and Good Luck

plz tell about presentation

You have to prepare your presentation on POWER POINT SLIDES. Take all the stuff from your report and put in on the Slides CONTENT WISE ie every thing should be in the EXACT SAME ORDER the way it is mentioned in your report. 

You get this email from the guys @ VU telling about the DATE, TIME and PLACE of your presentation. The first thing you got to do is get a PRINT of your INTERNSHIP REPORT. You MUST take the printouts and the softcopy of your report (normally in a USB storage device) to the venue of your presentation. The VU office which is closest to your location is normally where you are called. For example in Lahore people get called at the VU Office located on Abbot Road. Dont worry abt that as you will get every thing notified from VU. Once you report (Sign in) for you presentation to that office you simply wait for your turn. My time was 10:30 AM but I was called early. Normally there is a Panel of 2-3 people infront of whom you give your presentation. You have to copy your presentation to their computer connected to an over head projector. Open your presentation and do the MAGIC :).Every one can see your POWER POINT SLIDES on the projector. I went like from Page to page. They (MOST of the time) dont have THE TIME to listen to all of what you have to say. So they can ask you to go to a certain section and explain that a bit. BUT surely they will ask you questions, questions regarding what you learned and have typed/ mentioned in your report. I was asked the following questions:-

1 - Mention The Different Types of Accounts that Bank Alfalah is offering to its Customers/Clients

2 - Difference between a Demand Draft and a Pay Order

3 - Minimum Charges which Bank Alfalah enforces on its Basic Account

4 - My Suggestions/ recommendations for the Bank.
After that they said Thankyou !!! 
I was happy and so were they 

RSS

© 2021   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service