Topic/Area for Discussion
How are Restriction Enzymes playing an important role in Biotechnology? Support your answer with five well-versed statements.
1. Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
2. Your comments on the topic should not exceed 100-200 words.
3. The GDB will remain open for 2 working days/ 48 hours.
4. Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
5. Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
6. Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
Ø For Detailed Instructions please see the GDB Announcement
please provide solution
+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)
+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?) + Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)
BT301 Introduction to Biotechnology GDB Solution & Discussion Spring 2020
BT301 GDB Solution Idea:
A restriction enzyme is a protein that recognize a specific , short nucleotide sequence and cut the DNA only at that specific site which is known as restriction site or target sequence .
More than 400 restriction enzymes have been isolated from the bacteria and manufacture them . In live bacteria restriction enzymes function to defend the cell against invading viral bacteriophages.
Restriction site is the viral genom are cleaved by the bacterium restriction enzymes, fragmneting and destrying the DNA of invading bacteriophages before it can incorporate into the host genom and take over the cell .
A becterium is immune to its own restriction enzymes.even if it has the target sequence ordinary targeted by them . This is because the bacterial restriction sites are highly methylated making them unrecognizable to the restriction enzyme .
Identification Of Restriction Enzyme :
For example :
Some restriction enzyme also cut DNA to form blunt end which can be inserted into target DNA via the action of DNA ligase .
DNA ligase isn't picky , it can't tell the different between foreign and host DNA and this enable to creation of chimeric DNA - DNA from two separate sources.
Each enzyme recognize and cut specific DNA sequence .
For example :
BamHI recognize the double stranded sequence .