We are here with you hands in hands to facilitate your learning & don't appreciate the idea of copying or replicating solutions. Read More>>

Looking For Something at vustudents.ning.com? Click Here to Search

www.bit.ly/vucodes

+ Link For Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution

www.bit.ly/papersvu

+ Link For Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More

Dear Students! Share your Assignments / GDBs / Quizzes files as you receive in your LMS, So it can be discussed/solved timely. Add Discussion

How to Add New Discussion in Study Group ? Step By Step Guide Click Here.

Question 1 (Marks=10)

Fill in the Comparison Table with appropriate answers expressing 5 key differences of :-

• Super computer
  • Main Frame
  • Personal Computers
  • PDA’s

Cost

Performance

Reliability

Size

Installed in numbers

Super computer

Main Frame

Personal computers

PDA’s

Question 2 (Marks=5)

Differentiate Between Static RAM and Dynamic RAM in Tabular form. ANY TWO Differences

( 2.5 + 2.5  = 5)

Deadline:

Your assignment must be uploaded on VULMS on or before November 05, 2010

Please Discuss here about this assignment. Thanks

See the attached file pls

+ How to Follow the New Added Discussions at Your Mail Address?

+ How to Join Subject Study Groups & Get Helping Material?

+ How to become Top Reputation, Angels, Intellectual, Featured Members & Moderators?

+ VU Students Reserves The Right to Delete Your Profile, If?

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Views: 326

+ http://bit.ly/vucodes (Link for Assignments, GDBs & Online Quizzes Solution)

+ http://bit.ly/papersvu (Link for Past Papers, Solved MCQs, Short Notes & More)

+ Click Here to Search (Looking For something at vustudents.ning.com?)

+ Click Here To Join (Our facebook study Group)

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

CS101 Solution

Question 2 (Marks=5)

Differentiate Between Static RAM and Dynamic RAM in Tabular form. ANY TWO Differences
( 2.5 + 2.5 = 5)

SRAM (static RAM). This type of memory maintains data in storage as long as it is powered. Because it is faster and more reliable and expensive than DRAM, SRAM is most often used as cache memory. Earlier forms of SRAM were classified as Async or Sync RAM if they were synchronized with the system clock. The most common type of SRAM today is pipeline burst SRAM, which can operate at higher bus speeds.

DRAM (dynamic RAM). This type of RAM retains its data by being continuously rewritten every few milliseconds. Like SRAM, the data in storage is volatile, meaning it is lost when the system is not powered. DRAM is the most common type of expandable company memory in workstations and servers today, but there are several different types of DRAM.

Another Solution:-

Static RAM (SRAM)

1. 4 times more expensive
2. Very low access time
3. Can store ¼ as much
4. Information stored on RS flip-flops
5. No need for refreshing

Dynamic RAM (DRAM)

1. Low cost
2. Consumes less power
3. Can store 4 times as much
4. Information stored on FET transistors
5. Needs to be refreshed

Another Solution:-

STATIC RAM vs DYNAMIC RAM
Firstly we anxious with static RAM
1)it does not loose signal strength.
2)no refreshing.
3)They made of transistors.

Where as Dynamic RAM
1)looses its signal 1 becomes 0
2)periodic refreshing of memory is needed.
3)These are mostly made of capacitors.

Please do make changes in these assignment otherwise every one who copy this assignment as it is will awarded zero marks.. this is the idea solution.
Thankyou Sir.
Sir Question 1 Ka kiya Answer Kiya hoga plzzzzz
plzzzzzzzzzzzz bhai jaan 1st question ka answer bi bata de na plzzzz i m new student yar plz help me my id is bc100402664
Q 1 ko handouts se dekhna paray ga. wahan kafi metrial hai iska
Static Ram: it consist of internal flip-flops that store
binary information.The stored information remains as long as
the power is applied to the unit.It is easy to used & has
shorter read and write cycles.
Dynamic Ram:it stores the binary information in the form of
electric charge applied to capacitor.The capacitor is
present inside the MOS tansistors.The storage charge on the
capacitor tends to be discharged with time & the capacitor
must periodically charged by refreshing dynamic memory.
Thank you extremely sir for your quick service.
SRAM uses six Transistors per bit whilst DRAM uses one transistor (BJT, MOSFET whatever) and two capacitors per bit.

The capacitors in DRAM are used to store the signal temporarily. Once in a while, does that those capacitors require to be recharged, so this slow down overall memory performance. Thus, the word dynamic is derived because the data is dynamically refreshed. Since SRAM uses six transistors, all the data are stored permanently when there are electric flow, so the memory speed will be a lot faster than DRAM because the data doesn't need to be refreshed periodically (the period is dependent of the capacitance). That is how static comes about.

Since capacitor in silicon (simple one is like two plates) can be a lot smaller than a transistor (PNP junction etc), SRAM will be in general six times larger than DRAM.

Supercomputing requires memory crunching and a vast amount of memory, yes? If there are 128MB DRAM chips available, the biggest SRAM that you can get is only 20MB. I can't exactly give you the answer, but I think SRAM is waste of silicon, so DRAM is a better choice. You could, however, use SRAM as cache.
sir this is my first time that i join vu. m doing bsc. i dont understand the question no 1 nd some 2nd. plz help me. my id bc100200824 nd mail rehantabassum80@yahoo.com
sir please tell us 1st ques answer of cs 101 assignment.my id is bc100401819
ANS 4 Q # 1 PLZ
i have all ans about this assignment

RSS

© 2020   Created by + M.Tariq Malik.   Powered by

Promote Us  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service