Assignment 2 of CS201 is continuity of assignment 1. You have to do the same task as you did in assignment 1 but this time you have to use structure variables. You have to write C++ program in which;
• You are required to define 2 structures named as Rectangle and Trapezoid.
• Rectangle has 3 data members, width, length and area
• Trapezoid has 4 data members named as height, base1, base2 and area.
• Provide 2 options to the user as below:
Enter 1 to calculate the area of Rectangle
Enter 2 to calculate the area of a Trapezoid
• If the user enters 1, then
Object (variable) of Rectangle structure is created
The program should ask the user to enter the width and length of the rectangle
Assign input values to data members of Rectangle Structure
Then show the result after calculation. Formula for calculating Area of rectangle is
Area = width x Length.
• If the user enters 2, then
Object (variable) of Trapezoid structure is created
The program should ask the user to enter the base1, base2, and height of the trapezoid
Assign input values to data members of Trapezoid structure
Then shows the result after calculation. Formula for calculating Area of trapezoid is
• You must implement two different functions for calculating areas of rectangle and trapezoid.
• After taking the choice from the user in form of 1 or 2 and assigning entered values to respective structure data members, the relevant function should be called to calculate area.
• Function for calculating area should return a value that would be stored in data member of structure to store respective area.
• After storing area, it should be displayed on screen.
• After showing the output to the user, you need to ask the user if he/she wants to do another calculation. If the user presses y or Y, then the program should ask the user again to enter the choice of shape otherwise the program should be terminated.
Screenshot of the program execution is given below for both shapes: